or Connect

Posts by Ravin

I recieved an acceptance email to law school yesterday. Yay! Now I just have to hang on and not get TOO excited until I have some idea whether financial aid is going to be enough for me to be able to afford to actually go...
Your plan sounds workable. Does she eat a lot of solids? If my DD had been in care full time at that age, I'd have fought cutting off the BM if she was getting that much of her nutrients from pumped milk. Do you cosleep? If you cosleep and your LO still nurses at night, I don't think your supply will be at risk.   And I'd go with goat's milk. Makes for an easier transition ime.   Edited to add: she might nurse more at home, depending on how many calories she's...
If you're old enough that you don't have to count your parents' income, there's a good chance you'll qualify for some grants along with the loans. It's worth taking a serious look at, at least. I've known people who did it. They also utilized public assistance...loans are not actually income, after all.
Rhianna, please take a look at SpiralScouts's rules. A circle with children from more than one family has to have leaders who are not related/spouses. If you've just established a Hearth (at most 2 families, usually just 1), you can get away with just 1 leader or spouses.   We gave SS a go last year (when DD was in first), but between health and money issues, we just couldn't get it going in a stable fashion, esp. since anyone who showed up to a meeting besides the 2...
http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/laws/blNY.htm   Looks like all you have to say is, "I have withdrawn my child, X, from Y school and we have commenced home instruction as of (date)." With header/footer. You might check your district superintendent's webpage for a template or form; here we have to inform the county superintendent of schools, and there's an affadavit that just has to have a few blanks filled in and notarized. For NY, once they receive your letter,...
I applied to law school, and I'm getting antsy for the acceptance letter! Anyone else?
My DD is 7. She's adjusted pretty well. It annoys her that I have to punctuate helping with her during DS's short nursing breaks, and sometimes she gets a bit jealous of his being in my lap most of the time whereas she has to sit next to me to get cuddles. But mostly she has a good sense of caring about her little brother, and has been very helpful. She wants to do more with him (like carry him) than I feel comfortable with, but at the same time she readily gives him...
I definitely appreciate this thread. I tried not to have too many preconceptions about labor. But mine was LONG. I pushed for an hour at home, then we had to go to the hospital because the baby's heart rate dropped to 80. As soon as we got to the hospital, I totally lost my cool. I was having nasty back labor and totally exhausted when pushing at home, but in the emergency kept my cool, focusing on breathing in the oxygen I was given (first by the midwife, then in the...
In my circle of friends carseats are jokingly called "baby torture devices." We were minimizing DS's trips...which got easier when the axle on our van broke last week. Riding the bus in the sling he minds not at all.   I did introduce the pacifier today...and DS actually fell asleep NOT on a person and stayed that way...for an hour now. Yay! He'd been nursing about half the time all day with no real nap. (I don't like using the sling in the house, and our pattern...
My BFF's husband and/or my dad might be up to it...but they live in Texas. I have no local friends/family that handy, unfortunately.   I do have a friend who's stepped up and offered to give DD rides to/from her enrichment program the rest of this year, though.   Debating what/when to tell the management company that we don't have rent for this month...