or Connect

Posts by Ravin

DS's umbilical cord is stinky. There's no sign of redness or swelling around it, it just smells bad. Should I call the doctor? He's 9 days old.
Thanks for the tips! I plan to intro the paci first for in the car. We'll do a couple of practice runs for the baby alone with DH and/or DW#2 and a bottle. I'll probably also start incorporating pumping into my routine ahead of time to get used to the pump so I can do it quickly at work.
The antihistamine in nyquil is, I believe, the same as benadryl.   I would go ahead and take it. There is, I believe, still a decongestant in Dayquil, though, so I wouldn't take that one. I'm pretty sure a healthy 7 mo. meets the criteria of a stable, mature infant, as I believe he was speaking in contrast to a newborn.
I'm going back to work when DS is 6 weeks old. Nursing is going beautifully, we haven't had any problems so far. I got a pump from WIC today, so I can start pumping whenever I'm ready.   My question is, when should we introduce the bottle and pacifier? I'll be working 4 4-hr shifts and 2 8-hr overnight shifts a week, assuming they put me back on my old schedule. I want to have a pacifier available for comfort to limit how much DS decides he needs to...
I'm going back to work when DS is 6 weeks old. Nursing is going beautifully, we haven't had any problems so far. I got a pump from WIC today, so I can start pumping whenever I'm ready.   My question is, when should we introduce the bottle and pacifier? I'll be working 4 4-hr shifts and 2 8-hr overnight shifts a week, assuming they put me back on my old schedule. I want to have a pacifier available for comfort to limit how much DS decides he needs to eat while I'm...
I had all sorts of problems with DD. She was jaundiced and had to be under bili lights, I had an overactive letdown, we had problems getting her to latch, she was slow to start gaining weight, etc. She was 5 weeks old before we really got the hang of it.   DS latched on briefly a few times the first day, then woke up about twenty-four hours after he was born and something clicked over in his brain and he had it figured out. He's been going like gangbusters ever...
You should be able to. I'd start by switch feeding--alternate frequently between breasts. This should give plenty of stimulation to the relactating breast while not letting baby get too frustrated. Any time you think he's comfort nrsing, opt for the off breast.
He was born March 9.   Ophelia, I like Eliot Theoden! It flows well. DD's name is Luthien. We're apparently partial to Elvish names around here.
I block feed--at least two feeds to a side before switching. I also burp him frequently and especially at night or when he's been napping hand-express to get the worst of the early letdown before putting him to the breast he hasn't nursed on in a while. 
Have you tried an enzyme cleaner, such as Kids n pets or Bac-out?