or Connect

Posts by Ravin

My usual rule of thumb is no twaddle. No books based on TV, no licensed characters on ANYTHING, books do not make noise, etc. So today we were in Target looking at workbooks (Kumon alas not on sale), and DD picked up this wipe-off counting workbook with buttons for each number that had Dora saying what they were in English and Spanish. DD really liked it, but I told her "no" because it was Dora. She HAS picked up a few words of Spanish from Dora (as well as a few...
Okay, giggling about the bun because I cut my hair short during my last year in the service because I was sick of the bun, and of bunkmates complaining that my hair got everywhere every time I brushed it. My suggestion: leave it long and leave it DOWN!!!! Let your hair be free! Either that, or shave your head (another thing they wouldn't let me do in the service that I've since done once just because I can), or dye it something really wild and crazy and fun (unless...
Hmmm...lemons, check. Coffee, check. Beer and wine, check, check. DD's not so hot on the hot sauce these days, though I think mostly because her 7 yo. cousin doesn't like hot stuff so she's decided she doesn't either. She does like a lot of foods kids often don't seem to...like sushi and salad. But then, I actually feed her these things and have from the get-go. It blows my mind to see how much people spend on jarred mush and prepackaged "toddler meals" and crap like...
What about folkloric figures of supernatural witches such as Baba Yaga? Also, one needs to remember that the modern Wiccan concept of a witch was nonexistent until the 20th century. Anthropologists still tend to translate words in various languages for "hostile magic worker" as "witch", especially when the feared figure is female. This concept of evil/hostile/dangerous/scapegoat witches exists in plenty of non-Christian native religions, and probably existed before...
That would make sense if I was pregnant, but I'm most decidedly not. I asked DD this morning if it tasted the same on the right and left and she said it did, so it probably isn't important. I was just wondering.
I'll have to check it out tomorrow. The nearest Target is like 18 mi. away, and since I'm working at Wal-Mart I haven't gone out of my way to shop at Target, but we'll be near there for DD's gymnastics class and I'll have to check.
Does your 4yo... My DD just turned 4 this month. --Wipe him/herself after pooping? No. We've been working on this, and getting her flushable wipes has helped, she'll do it herself if I'm not around. --Dress and undress him/herself without significant help, including socks and shoes? Yes. Easy to put on shoes help. Buttons, snaps, and zippers she needs help with still, but many of her clothes have none or they don't need to be undone for her to dress (like...
a ponytail bound at the nape of the neck, or a braid or two braids or the hair braided in rows are all boyish long-hair styles.
Your DD's play sounds normal to me. Kids play house, they play at roles they see grownups doing, and her play is mimicking what a child might see on daytime TV or if they accidentally walked in on mom and dad. My concern would only be to make sure that neither child was being coerced into doing what she didn't want to do, but the same would be true for ANY game. This idea that children should remain oblivious to the existence of sex or not have any...
I would seriously do the research, make a packet of articles, and hand-deliver them to the doctor with a suggestion that she educate herself. Also, challenge her to produce refuting literature based on research not funded by a formula company.