or Connect

Posts by outdoormom

My DS is 7 yo and I have worked fulltime since he was 3months old. I am pregnant now (due end of August). I am hoping to convince my boss to let me work PT. We cannot realistically have me not work at all, but I am burnt out and it kills me that my son wants to be HOME after school and cannot. I also would very much like to be able to spend more time with the baby than I was able to with my son. I do not think I could ever truly be fulltime SAHM. I need the...
My ds is 7yo and I am recently remarried (October). My DH lived with us about a year before we got married. We traversed the disipline road with him and my ds very slowly and carefully. At first he did not do any disipline, but brought issues to me. That was the getting to know the household and each other stage. Then he displined like an uncle or other non-parent adult would. Now he is still more on that ground which works well, but also a little toward the...
I feel that, based on what you wrote, your SIL is doing your DN an injustice. The reason games like Candyland are around is so that little ones CAN win fairly. There is no reason in my mind to allow a child to win a game. If that is necessary then the game is probably too advanced for them. When we teach my son, 7 years old, various new games, we go through practice games. We dont even finish these games as we indicate to him that they are to teach him HOW to play. ...
We decided not to find out. I have a DS from previous marriage who is 7yo. Our intuition says this may be a girl...but we truly have no clue. Anyway, current leading names are: boy: Eric David girl: Mallory Anne A
My family situation seems like it is tame compared to some of the posts! I have a DS who is 7. I just remarried in October. My DH had never been married and does not bring any children to the mix. We are expecting a baby in Sept (did not find out sex). My ex and I are still amicable and still consider each other friends...and I still kinda consider him family, but more like a brother or something. Anyway, from my DS's point of view the family is more complicated....