or Connect

Posts by cks321

WElcome Sweet Kat~ Hello mamas~ hope things are getting better for you as mine are getting to where you guys have been for the last week or so. Both have my kids have been on a screaming duel this week. To see who can throw the biggest fit. (For those of you who don't believe an almost 11 month old kid can have a fit can come to my house for a day and watch.) But I am sure all of you do know what I am talking about. And I am definately on the LOSING IT list. And I am sure...
Hi guys. Haven't been here in awhile, sounds like everyone''s babes are doing great! Happy New Year, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Kwanzaa, and Hannakuh, and anything else I might have forgotten. I kinda fell off the face of the earth and I'm slowly treking my way back up. Dh and I found a new house and we ended up moving within a week right after thanksgiving and before Dec 1. (LOng story short opening up business and this house has the room our other did not,...
Love child- How funny is this? I just went to that site, and it turns out her rising sign is in Capricorn- and it says she is supposed to be ambitious. I think that describes her to a T. Considering that today she tried to walk again.- fell on her face again, but that's ambition for ya!
Hey ladies- Glad to hear I'm not alone in the no sleeping catagory still. (well not really glad, but YKWIM) I've been too tired to try the NCSS stuff too, but I guess I have to buckle down sometime. Sydney does most of her nursing at night too, and I'm scared of the same thing, if I do less night time feedings she'll quit nursing altogether since she's digging this whole solid food thing. but she's already surpassed her sis (Libby weaned herself around 7 months old, she...
About the bumping into things- you can't babyproof everything. But you Can make sure that if they bump themselves it won't cause a concussion. I got one of those egg crate things that you put on a bed and cut it up and taped it to my coffe table since I couldn't put the table anywhere else (small house) and basically that's it (of course there's outlet covers and cords are out of reach stuff like that) But they'll figure out the balancing act pretty quick once they fall...
I know exactly what your talking about.....sometimes I don't think they could get any cuter, but then I look at Libby and she has been so cute in so many different ways as she has gotten older, and I wonder where my cute little redheaded babe has gone to since Syd has been born. Especially if I go back and look at baby pics of Libby, I see the same cute face as Syd's at this stage but with carrot orange hair.
We talked again about it all last night after I wrote the OP, and I tried again telling him that it is not "our" education, it's hers. Just because he was homeschooled doesn't mean she HAS to be homeschooled same with me and public school. I don't think public school is the right choice either because when her dad had to enter the system he was bored and restless and ended up getting himself in a lot of trouble, not to mention he was horribly picked on by his classmates...
I am a mother of 2 very precocious children, my eldest is three, and she has a lot of her father in her (he's really really smart-genius smart and I'm not) and she is very very smart for her age and acts more like a 5 yearold most of the time than a 3 year old. We participate in the Parents as Teachers program which hasn't been particularly helpful except that now we know that she is not the atypical 3 year old. She always has been way above developmentally and such, and...
Both my kids have drippy noses right now.......ugh it's been awful, and today Libby has gotten the 2nd ear infection of her entire life. (Which for 3 is pretty good considering some other kids I know) So both my 2 are CRANKY and can't breathe can't sleep. Can't hear too good (libby) so I feel like running away to Mexico yet again. I have so much exciting news though! Libby wrote- WROTE for the first time and it was readable and it was ACTUAL letters and everything....
Oops I forgot one this is her telling me she needs to eat. hungry baby :LOL yes that is her actually trying get milk to come thru my shirt. Not very patient now that I think about it either.