or Connect

Posts by KalamazooMom

I really think you need to talk to a lawyer who knows the courts and judges in your area. You ought to be able to find someone to give you a free or low cost initial consultation.
When I was about 18 I discovered my Dad had been married years before he married my mom. I was helping my mother move and I saw a marriage certificate with my father's name and some woman I had never heard of before in a pile of old papers. I was stunned. And it made me have a ton of questions about my parents history that I had never had before. It was kind of a jolt I'll have to say.   But I agree with MeepyCat. I would treat this as matter of factly as possible...
I used the midwives at Bronson Womens Service and wouldn't use them again, but I know others who have been happy with them. There are quite a few midwives there so I think some are better than others.
Don't know how holistic they are but we see Dr Fox at Kalamazoo Optometry in Portage. They also see patients one or two days a week at the MSU / KCMS place. Our dentist is Linda Hubbard, also in Portage, near the mall. Again, I don't know how holistic she is but she and her staff do a good job with the kids I think. And they don't do a lot of "upselling" which is the reason we left our previous dentist as I got disgusted with them always trying to sell us some product or...
Hmm, it hadn't occurred to me that the fish oil capsules could be a problem. Maybe I'll stop those for a few days and see what happens. I suspect it probably is seasonal allergies. We got him in February so this is our first Fall with him.
Quote: Originally Posted by candycat Apparently here in CO you have to legally seperate for 90 days and then you can file for divorce. He's moving out next weekend (supposedly) so we haven't started the legal separation thing. He says he wants to get it over with ASAP. I think he is going to be the one to file, but I don't really care, it might as well be me. But I know he would respond to it even if I did. I don't even know what looks better, if...
I'm sorry. That sounds rough. I really do think you need to talk to a lawyer in your area. I was told that the court feels a man can be a jerk of a husband but a decent father. So if the abuse has all been toward you and not the kids (and even that I'm sure he will dispute) then I'm afraid your chances are not likely all that good. As PP said there is a difference between legal and physical custody. You may have better luck getting one and not the other. And...
I'm pretty sure mine does not have fleas. They checked him at the vet and saw no sign of fleas and I haven't seen any either. When I separate the fur and look at the skin it's not really red.
My advice is to meet with more than one lawyer. Many will give you a free or discount initial consultation. Find one you get a long well with and can see yourself spending time with. If they tell you you will get everything you want that is a huge red flag. Default here is 50-50 as well. I was told the standard was very high to take away someone's parenting time. Basically you have to be a documented abuser. Feel free to PM me your list if you like.
Our dog has been really itchy lately. Scratches himself all the time. I think it's dry skin. When you scratch him you sometimes get little flakes. I've been giving him a fish oil pill every day for a couple weeks now and it doesn't seem to be helping much though his coat is really nice and soft now. I don't think it's an allergy. We haven't changed his diet at all. I suppose he could be allergic to something that's blooming out in the yard now as he does a lot of rooting...