or Connect

Posts by Dancemom

I have always believed that people who say something like that are really trying to justify their own use of CIO as a parenting tool they used on their own kids. I think they are mostly secretly jealous that you are giving enough to do something as self less as raising kids AP and they want assurances that what they do/they've done with their own kid/s. They're hoping you'll say, "gosh, it's really ok to let my baby CIO?" so they can tell you how well it worked with...
I've been very honest with my almost 11 year old (we separated when she was 5) mostly because she was a witness to some of the violence and name calling by my ex and I felt that she needed to talk about it. I think she's always been a bit more mature than most kids her age and I know it helped her work through her own issues about her parents splitting up. My ex even talked to her about what he had done and why it was wrong, so it worked out in the long run. I also...
Wow...what a nice warm welcome. :-) Michelle
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michelle, mother to an almost 11 year old DD, 6 year old step son and almost 11 month old DD. I bf, cloth diaper, don't believe in spanking and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. :-) I'm a teacher who's on maternity leave now but will be going back to work 4 days a week in September. As my user name suggests, my almost 11 year old is a competitive dancer which means she takes classes 4 days a week and competes...