or Connect

Posts by mamarsupial

now that dd2 is rolling over, we needed to do something to keep her in the bed at night. with dd1 we used a guard rail, but even then she fell out a couple times after kicking it away from the bed. anyway, we ordered one of he humanity family beds and it has been wonderful! it was quite a bit more money than a guard rail, but it has been worth it! its kept me and dd2 dry at night, despite my leaking issues, and her occasional spit up. there is no way she can slip out of...
when we had a full bed, our first dd would roll over. when she actually fell out of bed (onto some blankets and clothes, god bless our messy house!), we bought a guard rail thing. that worked most of the time, but even then she fell out a couple times. she would kick and squirm in her sleep and this actually pushed the guard rail out and she fell. before dd2 was born, we bought a king bed. a few weeks ago, we bought a humanity 'family bed' and just love it. makes our bed...
i love the way... ...her sweet milk breath sustains me ...the little dimple in her right cheek dimples ...she tells stories in coos and gurgles ...she clings to my nightgown as she nurses into baby sleep smiles ...she looks when she is completely asleep, peace and beauty and light ...my pinky smells of her milky breath ...her little fingers gracefully curl and sweep, like falling stars ...just a few moments of being naked brings her joy ...our...
hey gals. sorry i haven't been keeping up. hope everyone is doing well. fi is great, growing like a weed and working on her first teeth. e had her first at 3 months, and fi is 3 months today. anyway, i found an awesome deal on baby socks. maggie's organics (www.organicclothes.com) have irregular infant socks on sale online. when i ordered them for fi (for her stocking), i thought i was getting 10 pairs for $10. well, it ended up being 10 sets of 2 pair, so 20 socks for...
wow. thanks for posting this.
dd moved to the crib at age 18m, to a big girl bed at 24m (when she started showing signs of crawling out of the crib). all the while, and even now, she comes into our bed if she needs to. we bought a king sized bed before fi was born so that we could do this, as e is a squirmy kidlet. the big girl bed has helped, but when she's having trouble sleeping, we all sleep better if we're all together. she wakes up less. once she's over the 'hump' of whatever developmental thing...
browsing through the ads from the sunday paper, we saw a sling for pets! its the outward hound sling-go pet sling! hee hee. http://www.petcarecentral.com/kj-00587.html i don't think our 100 lb chessie would fit in it though. oh well.
great drawing lisa! sorry i've been awol. hope y'all are doing well. fi is nursing right now, and ella is napping on our bed. fi is doing awesome. she's such a sweet baby. she is also a hand/thumb sucker and won't take a nuk most of the time. she wants a nipple, a pinky, her own hand, and as a last resort maybe a nuk. i think she's working on her first two teeth. she's been a little extra grouchy, is coughing a bit. its not a cold. ella got her first teeth at 3 months,...
a while back there was a great thread in the natural home forum about how green we are all trying to be, listing all of the things we are each trying to do or do better. anyway, i posted a thread there and was thinking of setting some new years resolutions for ourselves here too...how we hope to make our lives and the lives of our children healthier, and then inspire one another by sharing them here! my health resolutions are: + seriously limit sugar intake...
a while back there was a great thread about how green we are all trying to be, listing all of the things we are each trying to do or do better. anyway, i was thinking of setting some new years resolutions for ourselves, and then inspire one another by sharing them here! my natural home resolutions are: + to keep composting, even though its cold outside + buy or make some more cloth hankies instead of using tissues + use something other than salt on the...