or Connect

Posts by mrskpete

Yes, the older the kids get the more involved us Moms seem to get in their actives, organizations, sports, and most importantly school, When they were little it was like we lived in this bubble. Isolation. I thought that'd change totally. It takes an effort to stay and feel connected to other Moms, especially if those Moms work. Still this lifestyle was a choice and I haven't regretted it at all!
My yes I fit in with this thread! I have a college freshman, junior in HS, and a 5th grader. You'd think as they got older I'd have more time.
I have been a SAHM for 18 years now. I have 3 kids ranging from a college freshman to an elementary aged child. I gave up pursuing my own degree to be with my offspring. My husband is military, so deploys making me mom and dad at times. I have heard some comments from family, friends, and even strangers about why I'm still at home over the years. Quite frankly I just don't care what they think anymore. Maybe doing this for 18 years has gifted me with that. I did...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaryLLL Please do not take offense at anything I have said here. I am not an orthodox Xtian or Jew, just a curious outsider. Well, call me an esotericist. Hard to label it/me. No offense taken at all and I did not mean to imply I was put off in any way. Just trying to understand your stance better. If we don't quaestion we can never be sure sometimes.
Quote: Originally Posted by DaryLLL lilyka, you quoted As a Christian can't use this Levitical law as it contradicts what Jesus said about divorce. He was made to be arguing with the Pharisees about the legality of divorce and they said you could divorce, and J said, no, that's no good anymore. It was only conceded for your weakness. Mat 19 Kinda tricky, this Bible stuff. I do agree it is tricky. However, I am a bit confused to...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka While I have never been physically abused I have been emotionally/verbally abused and we have worked through it just fine. I also know several people who were in physically abusive relationships and while they seperated for a while until things were under control they were able to seek counseling and work through thier issues and gradually move back into thier marriage. And I think the major factor playing into this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms.Doula mrskpete- Im wife to a former navy-boy too! eddited to add we were at NAS Oceanna in 1997-1999 We have been here since Nov. of 98 so we may have rubbed elbows once and never knew it! :LOL Seriously, I just joined MotherDotCommune this week and after reading several posts I was ready to just ask to be unsubbed. I was a bit ahgast at some of the talks around here. Was like a breath of fresh air to...
Quote: Originally Posted by heathenmom My point is, there are absolutely systems of belief that allow people to take pride in who they are and what they do, to stand up for themselves instead of "turning the other cheek;" to live honorable lives without begging for the mercy of ANYBODY. Many within Christianity do not mean that you have to continually stand and take abuse to "turn the other cheek" . I personally feel it means less violence and...
Add this Momma to the roll call!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruby I think we need to embrace and open our hearts to all who want to join us in worship, but I don't think it necessary for a church to condone lifestyles that are in conflict with teaching of scripture. :