or Connect

Posts by thebirdgirl

Hi! My name is Emily and I am due April 29 and this will be my second baby. I have been really sick since 5 weeks and hoping that I get better sooner than I did with my DD (26 weeks). I am planning for a VBAC, we'll see!
I had the Mirena put in when my daughter was 3 months old, and had it taken out a year later after having multiple GI troubles (looong story- I needed a long list of medical tests- all the MDs I saw were sure an IUD could not possibly cause such weird symptoms. Magically, all my troubles stopped within a week of having the stupid thing taken out!)  My daughter is now almost 2.   Sorry I don't know all the abbreviations here- but I used fertility awareness for 2 years...
My 5.5 month old wakes for the morning between 4:45 and 5:30. She also wakes several times between midnight and her wakeup, sometimes every hour. She is exclusively BF. She goes to bed around 7 and starts out the night in her pack and play (in our room) then comes into bed with us at her first waking (midnight-2am). She naps 3-4 times during the day, for 40 minutes at a time.  We've tried pushing her bedtime back (she used to go to bed at 5:30pm) and I've tried putting...
That makes me feel so much better! Of course I'm worried about doing the right or wrong thing- but in the middle of the night when she just wants to be held and nurse, that's what feels right to do. I'll wait it out and hopefully she will drop one of her wake ups. At least she is very consistent! 
My baby girl is 4 months old, and I'm confused about what is "normal" regarding sleep. She naps 3-4 times during the day, and goes to sleep without a problem between 6:30 and 7. My question is how many times should she be waking at night? She usually wakes at 1am, 4, 6, then gets up around 7:30. I have friends who swear that she should not be hungry that often and if I leave her she will go back to sleep (she is exclusively breastfed). She wakes up cooing, not crying,...
My baby is 6 weeks old, and she also has a terrible time falling asleep. Thankfully she falls asleep easily in the middle of the night after nursing, but naps during the day and initally going to sleep at night are a different story. She'll fall asleep nursing, seemingly fast asleep, then wake up frantic as soon as I lay her down. I can't help but fast-forward to when I go back to work in August- it's only 2 days a week but all I think about is- am I creating a bad habit...
Thanks for all of the support- it's good to know that my baby isn't the only one who has had this issue! The last 2 days I've used a white noise CD, and she responds surprisingly well to one of the tracks (we call it torential downpour). She will stop screaming and look around- it isn't consistent but it distracts her enough that I can talk and sing to her. And I don't hyperventilate from constantly "shhhhhh shhhhhh" -ing her. We do have a convertible carseat that she...
My baby is 6 weeks old, and she has hated her carseat from the moment we first put her in it in the hospital. I try to not go anywhere with her unless someone else is with me, so I can sit in the backseat with her and try to console her. She usually screams so hard that she seems like she won't be able to breathe and we end up pulling over every few minutes so I can take her out of her seat. As soon as I pick her up she stops crying, and it makes me feel awful that I...
Mine started hurting at 5 weeks, then they started growing! Sometimes I also get these awful needle-like pains. I bought these great underwire, high impact sports bras and started wearing them 24 hours a day. This helps a lot, but sleeping on my side is still uncomfortable and I can't sleep on my stomach at all. Everyone says the soreness should be going away but there's no signs of getting better yet. Not that I'm complaining, I started out small and WOW, what a difference!
I just got a pregnancy pillow last night, and had the best sleep in a month. I haven't been able to sleep on my stomach because my chest is so sore, and this pillow was so perfect for getting comfortable. I still woke up every few hours to pee, but fell back to sleep so fast!