or Connect

Posts by Megs Mom

No Waldorf guilt around here! For kinder we do 30 - 60 min a day of poetry memorization (mostly Robert Louis Stevenson), phonics (All About Spelling or Explode the Code), handwriting (Writing Can Help), religion (Old Testament stories), art (Child-Sized Masterpieces), math (Saxon 1), literature (read-alouds), and music (learning hymns). It's very low-pressure and fun, despite being content-rich. That's the core, and then it is supplemented with notebooking, Draw Right...
My four-year-old LOVES the preschool lapbooks from A Journey Through Learning. He keeps begging me to work on his lapbook!
Congratulations! Brings back wonderful memories of my VBAC.
Quote: Originally Posted by Comtessa A capitalist economy only values things that are directly exchangeable for currency. If your work is not paid (especially if nobody is willing to pay you to do it), then it must therefore be work of no value. If your work is of no value, then people who love you must suggest work for you to do that does have value, because they love you and want to see you fulfilled. Work-for-money is the way the economic system...
Thanks for the well-wishes. I've been over there this afternoon helping with nursing. She's had a little trouble there, which I attribute to not getting to for many hours after birth, but she is (they are) learning quickly. I told her I'd be available to go back later tonight after my kids are asleep. We enjoyed rehashing the experience today. She is rightly proud of herself for managing drug-free.
Here to vent to people who will understand. My sister asked me to be her labor support as she wanted an unmedicated, all-natural birth. I live five hours from her. I arrived when she was getting close to transition. For some unknown reason she was on Pit when I got there, even though she was dilating like gangbusters (I think she stalled out at four, her water hadn't even broken yet, but *someone* was in a damn hurry). So the labor nurse keeps talking to her during ctx...
Quote: Originally Posted by CatsCradle Hi OP....I'm a WOHM but I'm on a "work/life balance" program at work which technically allows me flexibility to to do work at home when needed. Gotta say...that's the funniest thing I've ever heard of...not in a humorous way but in all due sarcasm...ha, ha. I have to give my hats off to all the WAHMs out there...cause I don't know how they do it! Having a young child, I find it impossible to work at home. Maybe...
I am of the "do it when they want to" mentality as well. My first son did not fully potty learn (I'm not counting overnight) until age 4-1/2. My second son is not yet there at almost 4. My girls were both around 3-1/2. I just find it so much less stressful to let them teach themselves by watching us and wanting to. I do let them go naked a lot and they have all been fully trained while naked only for a good year before being fully trained while clothed.
I'm taking 20 mg/day of generic Prozac (fluoxetine).
Thank you so much for all the help! Quote: Originally Posted by paxye My 7 1/2 year old is a bed wetter and the only thing that works for him are "Good Nights" (not the boxer ones)... we have tried everything, cloth etc.. but nothing else works well and doesn't leak... For him, the problem is nothing more than he sleeps too deeply, we can't even wake him up before we go to bed because he is like a ragdoll... A friend just recommended...