or Connect

Posts by rachelernst

Thank you all for posting and giving me food for thought. I guess my original post was unclear and not specific enough. Of course there are many ways to interpret a vegan diet.  I thought the fact that I was asking the question "Should I say anything?" was open enough to consider that the answer might include "No." I thought there was a little harshness in the responses here, considering my ultimate concern is that babies are being fed optimally or even adequately, and...
... I am not.  I am not vegan and I am not breastfeeding.   But, these people were:  http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.35c2caa5efa0e183b7b38a2d0e2b7f40.71&show_article=1   I am not sure what to make of this. Any thoughts?   The person who introduced me to Nourishing Traditions and raw milk 6 years ago had found the info on Weston A. Price because her son had not formed enamel on his baby teeth. She learned it was because she was vegan...
I'm ready for the new thread!  I'm a first-timer. I want to hear other people while they're getting ready!  Please start the new 2011 Treasure Map thread so I can subscribe to it!   Rachel Minneapolis
I am interested in helping my own Waldorf school, and perhaps others, understand and implement gluten-free classroom. This is my son and daughter's first year in an early-childhood Waldorf classroom and I am preparing to enter a dialog about gluten-bearing grains, soaking grains and alternative, low-allergen snack foods that will continue to support the weekly rhythm and experience of food preparation for young children. I am seeking "case studies," resources and...
I cried too. I had a clear sense that my childhood was gone. My DD is 4. I plan on being positive about it and helping her through it in a way that I didn't feel I had at the time. I will introduce early the idea of a menstrual cup like the Diva Cup, since now that I'm a mother I use every month to the total exclusion of tampons or pads. I LOVE IT! I also like the idea I read in Mothering of a regular "spa night" with the girls at home and a kit you make up of all the...
Jenn: THanks so much for your encouraging information. It just resonates with what I've already seen so far. Hard to believe that we could find a neighborhood so easily (without a lot of research), and not even visiting other neighborhoods to really compare. But, it does seem that we are being drawn to Lynnhurst. I was however, reading this article http://faircompanies.com/news/view/t...entury-farmer/ ...and wondering if there are any developments like this one,...
I am looking for great neighborhoods to live in, in the city of Minneapolis. We will be renting to start. Family of 4. We have chosen City of Lakes Waldorf school and my hubby works in Bloomington. Looking for access to local foods as well as Organic food co-ops. Want bike paths, natural spaces if possible, and great neighbors. We would love neighbors who are Waldorf-y (yet, open minded is great, too), if that's not too much to ask for. We have settled on Minneapolis...
CT Mommy, I just read the article you posted. I'm still in Michigan trying to relo to Minneapolis. We had something very similar here (a raw-milk crackdown by the State) a couple of years ago. So sad to read this article. I hope this violation of basic rights gets corrected soon. I hope to visit the co-op soon after we move there. -Rachel
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree Perhaps just stop playing competitive games. There are a lot of cooperative board games - Wildcraft, Harvest Time, Snow Storm, Sleeping Grump...google and you'll find lots. There are also cooperative activities you can do together too. I would take the winning and losing element out of it altogether at this age. I guess I'm bumping this thread. I am looking for cooperative board games. The only...
My kids are 6 and 4 and I am embracing the Waldorf way and they will be attending Waldorf school this Fall. I'm not feeling a creative groove right now to start making up stories, so I am relying on books. Does anyone have an opinion on any particular versions of fairy tales? If you use the Waldorf Student Reading List by Fenner and Rivers, have you found that there are books you think should be listed in there, but are not? In other words, is this a definitive...