or Connect

Posts by Argonaut

Hmm.. I don't think it's a vein thing. It seems more surface than that, and too big. And it's more brownish like the linea nigra or a bruise that's starting to fade, not purplish. I'm not super fair skinned. I can tan easily and take a fair amount of sun without burning.. I'm not olive skinned or anything though either. Just sort of medium. My belly is already a wreck from how much it had to stretch to accomodate my giant babies (10 lb 2 oz and 9 lb 7 oz) coupled...
I've got a question for those of you who have been through this before... I had my lovenox/heparin baby in November (I wasn't on it with my first) and took my last injection on Christmas day, but I STILL have an area on my belly that looks bruised a few inches below my belly button. I used to do a lot of my injections in that spot. It sort of blended with my linea nigra at first, but the rest of the linea nigra has faded and now I just have this discolored area about the...
Yes, I agree with the last poster. Also, try just gently poking yourself a few times with the needle until you find a "dead" spot.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenarthra Hi again! One question: probably an ignorant question, but does anyone know if I could use old-school Heparin and Lovenox somewhat interchangeably? I was thinking to save on costs (if grant doesn't come through) that maybe I could do Heparin one month and Lovenox for a few weeks then back again?? I don't see why not. I switched back and forth a couple times during my last pregnancy.
Yep, me too. It slows down, turns brown, I think it's about to be over with, and then suddenly a lot of bright red blood again and it starts over. If it lasts about another week, I'm going to call the doctor about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by welldone can you sew new aplix on? my aplix still works great after three kids in dipes, but i suppose it depends on the washing habits of the prior owners of your cover. what's your wash routine? my prefolds almost never stain, and i'm a lazy laundress. i do a cold wash w/ baking soda only, then a hot wash w/ a little detergent + vinegar rinse. New aplix is a great idea, but they're newborn size so he's pretty...
My guy is also getting into his smalls, but so far we've had leaks out the legs of the fuzzibunz literally every single time I've put him in one. I've tried different stuffing configurations (various combos of three different kinds of inserts, and prefolds) to see if it was an absorbancy thing, and I've tried using different snap configurations to see if maybe I was fastening them too loose or too tight.. The next thing I'm going to do is try and strip them, although I...
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherRN I have put a couple tablespoons of bleach into every batch of used diapers (pockets, aio, pfs) I have purchased without any ill effects. Same here, fuzzibunz included.
I'm more or less living the fantasy too. : Last night, I changed him around 10pm and then didn't change him again until around 7am, and his diaper was only a little bit wet and barely poopy, and he'd been nursing all night. I think he must have just somehow been holding it or something, because his 9am diaper was absolutely soaked and full of poo.. Now that I've said that though, I'm sure I'm in for a night of him insisting I change him every 2 hours or something..
My boy is only 2 weeks old, but for these two weeks we've been using infant prefolds with mostly newborn proraps and newborn dappi pull-ons. I have some newborn bsww, but I've had a hard time getting them not to rub on the cord stump. I also have some small fuzzibunz but I haven't even tried them because the rise seems too high not to rub on the cord stump too; same goes with the one fitted I have. The cord dip on the proraps is great, but I've been shocked by how much I...