or Connect

Posts by MuttiLiLi

This thread had been most interesting. I knew to come to Mothering for answers to this annoying Pinworm issue. My 6 y/o showed signs yesterday after eating 3/4 pint of blueberries. Her stool was intensely blue/black and shortly thereafter her complaints of an itchy bottom began. I'm thinking the blueberries really started flushing them out. As a small child my parents were diligent about pinworms. We laugh to this day that mom would lay us over her legs at night...
What about calling the office to speak with the office manager- tell her what went down- ask about their policy on young ladies and why the dr wanted to do an internal and if necessary- ask to meet with the dr and the mgr. I think an internal is not of the norm here and unless your daughter is overly developed and menstruating and sexually active there should be no reason. Ask them why. Or ask to see another doctor in the practice. I would never never never allow...
Oooops!!!! I forgot about the double coat on the GSD. Thanks Shannon for the quick reply. My guys are not thick coated like GSD- when i get done with the dal it looks like it snowed outside!!!!
When I had my dd I had 1 cat and two dogs. I would put baby in the stroller(or sling), the haltie on the hound and the body leash on the dalmation and we'd walk and walk. The cat would get individual time when we were in bed or watching tv. The dogs had their own bed upstairs outside our door and downstairs on a futon. I switched to high quality dog food _ Wellness brand for the dogs to minimize the shedding. Very expensive but worth it. I would take the dogs to...
Yes I agree to what all of you are saying. I was just stating what I observed. The hard part to swallow is are we willing to pay an extra dollar or more to buy the same food from someone else just out of principal? I guess the answer is resoundingly yes from the majority because it is Walmart and their principles are so against what natural living and family is all about.
Yes Virginia there is organic food at Walmart. I know its only a start. I can buy my milk (Stonyfield is $2.87 vs $3.99 at healthfood store for 1/2 gallon) Horizon is $2.97. I also found Annies Mac and Cheese hidden away in the ethnic aisle- Guess Kraft mac & Cheese didn't want it anywhere near their toxic mix. I bought the entire shelf at $1.08 and $1.19 box because I was afraid it would never appear again. I think it was hidden on purpose. I also found...
Kale, lettuce, chard, peas, cabbage, carrots,spinach,cucs, kohlrabi,herbs,parsnip, radicchio, snap beans give em a try. My Kale is huge and still going strong as is the chard. Just sowed second lettuce crop and cosmos(flowers). also try sunflowers and cosmos and zinnias. Sept/October is a great time to plant garlic for next year.
when my SIL was young, her cousin stuck a bean (uncooked) up her nostril. Mom could not figure out what the stink coming from SIL was until she investigated the nose- the bean had started to sprout!!!! EWE
Ditto Ditto Ditto I could not get away from my mother fast enough. But.... she did not take my silence personally- instead she would send me small packages with little things( I lived off campus) so I'd get a seasonally appropriate dish towel, or food or something very nice. I would look forward to these gifts and my friends to this day will often ask me if Marie is still sending me the dish towels. SHe is. Most importantly though was knowing that she loved and cared...
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I am recovering just perfectly. The nurses in fact could not believe I was up and walking rather normally 12 hours after surgery. For those that have had a c-section the intestional gas is the horrific side effect (they move around your intestines so much). But Brynn is a beautiful delicious 10 lbs already. My body now gets to do something good for this babe - making heavy cream. Happy holidays to you all. Thanks for...