or Connect

Posts by the2amigos

Well, baby is 13 months and just soaked his infant seat with milk (I never give him anything but water, but we were late..... ugh). You guys gave me some options to ponder thanks!!
Thanks! Three year old is 33#, not sure height. 8 year old is 90# and 5'2"....in the rear of my van with a booster it puts his neck at the top if the head rest fully extended, without the strap fits fine. He does booster in my moms car because he fits in there differently. My middle one isn't a huge kid. Could rf until he is 6+ likely. But it would be inconvenient. I guess I'm feeling hypocritical because I strongly urge extended rf and I'm considering turning...
So, almost 4 year old is RF in radian in one of the captains chairs in my van.  Baby (just over 1 y.o.) in chicco infant seat yet.  8 year old is out of booster seat (90 pound giant!).    I was thinking of another radian in the other captain chair.  But then 8 year old has to crawl under them rear facing to get into back and it takes him a bit (he's a bit kid).  Or I could have him come in passenger door and walk to back I suppose.   Dripping snow shoes make me feel...
Called the company.  You can use any harness height while rear facing, only the top three forward facing.  DS2 is very upset...he heard me on the phone and is screaming that he wants to sit forward...oy.
I have a Radian XTSL for my almost 3 year old.  He is only 33 pounds.  I needed to wash his cover due to a jello accident - don't ask :)  He is rear facing and his straps were WAY down under his shoulders, the next step up they are just at his shoulders.   Reading the manual, it states, quote "ONLY use top three shoulder harness positions for forward facing child."  What does that mean?  I know it means you can't use the bottom two slots for forward facing child, but...
feeding that many is going to cost $$!!  Silver dollar rolls and platters of various meats/cheeses for a build your own sandwich?  Do you know a few people with pizza ovens? - borrow and find cheapish pizzas (we have a buy one get one take and bake here in town)...did that for a birthday party once.   We had a brunch after this ones baptism, served juice and lemonade, which cut our beverage cost down.
No one has ever said I could be active or anything to that end.  Just that activity could potentially make it worse, with heavy lifting or straining.  I have waffled on the surgery option as well.  My mom had it done years ago and has felt so much better.   No leaking of urine, etc.  I don't want to pee myself for the next 30 years (after 30 years or so I would expect some leakage just from being old :) ).  Having to wear a pad every day to keep from soaking myself...
I have a cystocele and a rectocele, lucky me right?!?!  For me symptoms are frequent leaking of urine and pressure in my bottom like I need to have a BM, but don't really.  Also, I can feel the bulges vaginally and can't wear a tampon or diva cup well, everything falls out.  I don't have any real pain associated with this.  Future plan is hysterectomy and bladder suspension...yippeeee.....   forestmushroom, I hope the PT works for you!!   I tried that route, they...
I have a water wrap carrier.  I haven't ventured far into water yet with babe, but walk in the shallows and he sleeps while I keep an eye on 2.5 year old...DH is there as well.  I love it.  It is light weight and I use it in the hot weather too, it seems to breathe much more than the moby, though isn't quite as soft.  It is like a jersey type mesh.  Not sure how well it will do next summer, may need to look into a sling then.
Sandy, just so you know you aren't alone...for my first two boys I got my period back just in time for my 6 week check up!  EBF here as well.  So unfair!  Still bleeding from delivery over 3 weeks ago, I figure I'll get a few days reprieve before first period.  Sigh.