or Connect

Posts by celesterra

Thanks for all the suggestions! I decided to forego the tents (tho it was under serious consideration) and we went straight to toddler beds. Same rules apply: naps and "first sleepytime" at night are to be in their beds. My sister has been here for every nap and bedtime since starting this on Tuesday, and I can't imagine how I'm going to do it without her. I went out and bought these really cool leaf shades at IKEA and attached them to their converted cribs - I also got...
oh, wise twin parents.... i need your compassionate ears and brilliant ideas.    my boys are 2y 4mo, and yesterday they both learned (with glee) how to climb out of their cribs. i am in desperate need of help in the form of ideas, good thoughts, prayers, miracles, etc... lol   first, our setup: one bedroom with a king bed on floor plus two cribs. the boys nap and go to sleep in their cribs, and then i move them to my bed when i go to sleep. there is not another...
I am single, so that's different from some. My twin boys are 27mo. They each have a crib in my room, and I have a king mattress on the floor. Each of them wakes at some point during the night, and I transfer them into bed with me (where they proceed to sleep on my head, etc, lol). I sleep in the middle. They both sleep much better this way (in my bed), and I am loving it. As they get older, assuming I am still single (?), I will just plop a twin next to the king for...
i sit between mine, too... they can't really even see each other! glad things are a little better!
it might sound horrible, but as a single mom, i've had to figure this out again and again over the past 20 months. by the time mine were just turning 1, i would put on a video (goodnight gorilla or goodnight moon), brush teeth while watching the dvd, then bring them upstairs (one at a time while they were still being carried, now we got up the stairs together) to shoghi's room. i put them both in his crib, read a few stories, have the boys say goodnight to eachother, then...
Quote: Originally Posted by babyproject I have been really worried about how I would be able to shop with newborn twins and a 2-year-old. I figured I would put one baby in a sling, one in the carseat in the basket of the cart and the toddler in the seat of the cart. But where would I put the groceries? I hadn't thought about pulling a second cart behind me. I guess I am already going to look like I escaped from the zoo, so I may as well pull a second...
Quote: Originally Posted by someonenamedleah So, I'm contemplating a trip to target today. I'm thinking I'm going to bring the double snap n go stroller but carry one baby in a wrap, and use the empty bucket as my shopping basket. Any other thoughts? They're getting too big to wear both together in the wrap, but still too small to wear one on my back. Thanks!!!! that's exactly what i did, and found it worked really well. you can always...
Oh, Mama... that sounds really draining for everyone! Could you get chair boosters with straps to keep them in? I have some folding highchairs from IKEA that my bigger one (28lbs) can't get out of - it's too small a cchair for him to pull his legs up. Mine aren't the determined climbers yours are, though. Aside from different seating arrangements, what do you think the source of the contention is? Rivalry for attention? End of day (or is this every meal)...
my toddlers are 18 months old, and our best stand-by meal is sliced polenta with marinara. they won't touch a lot of pasta, and routinely refuse new foods.
as a good jobber in recovery, i just wanted to say "oops" to all my friends who hate "good job"! i got into the habit way back in the late 80s when i was working my first job at a preschool (good job was the preferred phrase in those days, as a newer version of "good boy" or "good girl"). now that i have twin toddlers, i find myself saying it ALL the time, even if i do give an explanation of the behavior i'm praising afterward. it's not that i even want to be saying...