or Connect

Posts by JAL

Well, just happened to see your post and was hoping I might gleen some info for my dd. She is 5 and wants to be dry at night and it has been a struggle. I am just about to potty train my ds and got some info that has been helpful to dd too. So this is what we do. She falls asleep, I wake her one hour after she falls asleep, any later and she is sometimes wet. Take her to the bathroom, she usually goes, then right back to bed and asleep. Honestly, she does not even...
That is a hard one, well at least it was for me when I was looking for my daughter a couple years ago. She was a super heavy wetter - in fact we are just night training now and she just turned 5! One Step Ahead has some, they are really bulky, I found they leaked here and there, not bad though. And the other was Snap-ez (hurry they are going out of business!) although those did not work well for us since the snap was on the side and dd kept complaining she could feel...
I'm sorry it was so rough!   Now that you say that though, seems every time I ever tried to follow advice out of a book, it just did not work out like the book said it would. I think it is the increased pressure - even when the advice is good, the pressure kinda ruins it!   So maybe I will just try to pretend I did not read the e-book and just get my three days to focus on the training and just hanging out. Ds seems so close to getting it to me but I miss so many...
Oh bummer~   Are you using the reg. toilet or a little potty? Does he like one more than the other?  Is he having a lot of accidents of just refusing to go at all? What if you just left him in underwear all day and just told him to let you know if he needed to go but just go about the day otherwise, without as much focus on it. Or maybe you do need to just take a break. He was using the potty here and there before right? What was different about when he used it...
Oh no!   I would keep trying. With my daughter we took about a week of hanging out bare bummed and it clicked. then I added underwear and going out. We read lots of potty books and not sure if you do tv but we did the Once Upon a Potty video and she loved it, DS likes it too and sometimes watching it will go pee on the potty!  And I don't know if this makes sense but i found that my daughter liked the big praise maybe once or twice on the potty then she did not like a...
Ok, so dyin to know how it went by day three! Exhausting? We start on Thursday when dh will be home, looking forward to being able to focus on it. Ds is so ready...  
Wanted to get out a reply to you because I know how you feel! I'm not sure that I have any concrete suggestions but we have managed to switch to nursing then going to sleep. We cosleep. Ds is 23 months old. He has recently really become interested in trains so we take a couple train books to bed, read them, nurse, then I tell him "All Finished, time for Sleep!" most of the time he will release and then lay there with me to go to sleep, sometimes I have to unlatch him...
Good timing on this thread! I just got the e-book...   I am going to start with my ds in about a week when my husband can be home to help with dd for the three days. I did something similar with my daughter at 23 mo although I did not follow a book. She had gotten a cold so we just decided to stay home for the week and potty train instead of going out! She had it within the week. We did not use underwear to start, just naked around the house. It went well and seemed...
Just to give you something else to consider - My dd had a rash around her mouth for about 6 months or more, we tried everything, antibiotics, steroids, anti-fungal through the pediatrician and dermatolgist. You know who finally helped me figure it out? Her dentist! She started talking to me about what it could be and as we were talking she mentioned it could be dust mites and I said that I had gotten her a natural latex pillow - light bulb went off - well, she is...
I have not read all the posts but I just read a book that might be of interest to you, Dogs of Dreamtime by Karen Shanley True story and she has a similar experience with a dog she was very dedicated to and had tried to train away some aggression issues. Best of luck with a tough situation