or Connect

Posts by strawberryprincess

I can only imagine how difficult it is to change your plans mid-way, if you have your heart set on something. I think hiring a doula would be an a great idea, and talk with your doula (or any supportive friend) at length about the disappointment you are feeling. If you don't work through these feelings now/during pregnancy, they can come through during birth, which could lead to unnecessary interventions...that is if you are hanging on the hope of a birth you can't have,...
Birth Matters! Help Birth Kalamazoo spread the word!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/familyadvice/10149910/Why-having-big-families-is-good-for-you-and-cheaper.html     having siblings is a good thing =)
I have been pondering this for some time, and thought maybe I would ask in this group, since I'm especially curious when it comes to children who have the same genetic background, are fed and parented the same, etc.   I have 1 child (ds2) who always seem to get more sick than his siblings with the same illness (during cold/flu season when everyone is passing around their germs). If someone has a slight fever, his is 103 (or higher); if someone has a runny nose, he is...
congrats on the new baby and growing family!  I was also emphatically done having babies after #3. Lucky for me, I only got rid of a few things before I found out I was pregnant with #4 :) Lucky for you, you have the experience to know what you *really need* with a baby, and don't have to fall into the traps of getting all the cute, but not very useful, stuff to clutter your house. I agree with PP,  Freecycle can be really helpful finding stuff, and garage sales,...
I am Olivia. I have 4 children, two boys, two girls 9, 7, 3, 21mo. I feel like I should say "only 4" since I feel like i have a small family compared to so many of you!  (that's kinda  nice for a change. I only know a handful of people with more than 3 kids). We are finished having babies (dh had a V last year), and I feel at peace that 4 is just the right number of kids for me :) I am excited to see this group, and looking forward to hearing some really great info and...
We have a 2002 Chrysler Town and country. It fits our 4 kids quite nicely, but there is little storage, so it is difficult to take trips in. We have had some major repairs and expensive maintainence done on it in the last few years, but it is still running great. we are planning to take it from Michigan to Florida next year (hence the concern for little storage space). It gets about 18mpg. I know the newer ones have better mpg (closer to 30). My in-laws have leased 6...
I have been considering putting ds (who is 6) on a gluten free diet.  He has several of the usual markers/symptoms for why one might eliminate gluten.  So, I'm trying to move forward with it, researching and in general trying to wrap my head around it.  It will require a major overhaul of his diet, but if we have good results it is totally worth it.   I know that when milk is a diet-suspect, it usually encouraged to eliminate for at least two weeks, so that all the...
Has anyone tried the American Girl Magazine?  It says 8 and up, I think.  I have a 9 year old and have considered this one (or asking for a birthday gift) but i've never actually read it.  I'm going to check out NewMoon soon.  thanks for the suggestion =) I also agree that the Nat Geo kids is terrible.  Aside from all the ads, I thought the actual content was crap too!  
I have 4 kids and 4 vastly different experiences with getting my first PP aunt flow.  It was the worst with my second child, it came at about 12 months.  I had a month of nipple soreness, cramps, moodiness,etc.  AF started, I felt fine and normal.  And about 2weeks later the symptoms started again and lasted for 2+ weeks, until AF started again.  After that, they settled into a normal pattern, and I didn't feel much different than before having kids.   I only had 1 light...