or Connect

Posts by lucyem

If you are truly still worried then have it tested.  I'd be shocked if it were asbestos.  Your house is too new.     My DH was a home inspector for many years in New England so had to deal with lots of things from possible asbestos to lead to radon.  You see asbestos now and then in older homes usually on pipes because removing it is more dangerous then leaving it.  I have only seen it in a couple of 1800 era homes personally.  There were some issues at one point with...
My oldest had the first rounds of everything.  My youngest due to various medical issues at birth we delayed everything but we did start polio.     My physician is having trouble getting in any vaccines.  Long story.  He gave me the names of two places to try but no luck.   So here I am trying to get vaccines for both boys.  Most places will not even speak to me because I am not a patient.  I could switch us to another place just for vaccines, but then I go through all...
My doctor has been unable to get any vaccines in. Trying for 6 months now. He said i should try elsewhere for mercury free. I am at a loss as to who to call. Any suggestions for central nh? Thankyou!
I had a female cat who went through a period of UTI infections.  This was 20 years ago.  A vet told me to go wet only so we did and never saw another UTI again.  She lived to be 18.  Because of her I started my next two cats off with wet only.  The female would never eat the wet food.  Never.  She might lick the gravy but otherwise refused anything but dry.  I tried raw and no luck, even our own freshly processed chickens she refused.  She was a rescue and was very odd....
I will only buy ethically raised meat and then only beef and chicken.  We are happy to eat less meat but have better quality.  I would be fine with a meat dish maybe 1x per week or less.  Kids and DH want more.  It has taken almost 20 years to get DH to admit he does not need meat every day :)    The best prices I found were when we bought 1/2 a cow from a local farmer.  Totally pasture/grass fed.  I think last fall we paid about $500 for half a cow.  I wish I could...
If everything has a place it makes a huge difference.  We had a house we built to our needs and everything had a place.  Cleaning was simple.  Then we moved into a very old house.  Think no useable basement for example and limited closets.  Suddenly our life was a cluttered mess.  Same stuff (actually less), same square footage, but nowhere for things to go.  I have spent so much time trying to develop spaces for things.  Not to mention de-cluttering.     I try and...
I understand none of you are Dr's and I am not expecting a diagnosis.  Lord knows Dr's cannot even figure out Lyme.  But I am trying to work through this.  I have no insurance until mid Sept so I am doing my own research in the meantime.  Then off to the Dr and will at least be able to ask the right questions.  Any thoughts or ideas or experiences to share?     I have chronic lyme.  I am 41.  I originally got it 5 years ago and each spring I end up back on meds....
I was given a shot of nubane early on in my first labor.  I went through 18 hours of back labor and somewhere around hour 6 I got the shot so I would sleep a little.  I do think it helped take the edge off, I remember sleeping a little.  But that was one long painful day and the whole thing is a blur.  I was lucky with my midwife and she was helping me stay as natural as I had wanted.  I was told later with different people I would probably have had a c-sec.
My DS is 7 and entering 3rd.  He is in PS at the moment.  Considering HS in the next year depending on when we move and to where.  He has had Title 1 this year in school, has received OT & other extra help in school since K.  Math is grade level.  School said "at risk for" dyslexia.  Had an outside OT eval with no surprises beyond what school has seen.  Presently looking for someone to make the official dyslexia diagnosis and help us either teach him, get tutors and get...