or Connect

Posts by lucyem

I had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago.  I never had any pain until my first pregnancy, no pain from fatty food, no attacks, just sore and tons of stones during pregnancy, they recommended having it removed before a second pregnancy so I did.  Since the gall bladder removal I have had no issues.  Sore in the spot if you really pressed on it but nothing I ever noticed.     OK so now 10 years later starting yesterday it feels like there is something there in my...
DH has a job offer in Crownsville. Company is there now but might move into Prince Georges in another year or so. Not positive but possible so we need to keep that on mind when looking for a new home. Anyhow looking for information on towns with good schools. The more rural the better. Would hate to give up the chickens and i have a miniature horse. He needs very little space but has to be legal . Schools are the most important, kids are 7 & 11. The 7 yr old...
My DH is looking for a new job and most are in the MD and VA area.  He has an interview in Charlottesville VA this week.  I have never lived outside of New England.  Here each school system is town run or a couple of towns get together and share high schools.  That kind of thing.  So if someone moved here they would want to know what town to look for a house in.  But when I ask people about schools in VA I am getting told counties to look in, not towns.  Can someone...
I made homemade salsa with the last of my tomatoes yesterday.  I did not realize until too late that the Mrs. Wadges mix was for medium salsa not regular.  :(  It burns my mouth.  My kids will not touch it.  Is there anything I can do to tone it down?  Or am I buying tons of tomatoes and making a double mix of regular to mix in with it (2 mild batches + 1 medium batch)
Growing up in a rural town we had to supply all our own paper, pencils etc.  So being handed a list for school supplies does not bother me at all.  My DS is in 4th grade and when we were picking out erasers last week he grabbed extra big ones.  He said he always runs out and wanted more on hand.     Our present school system does not begin asking for supplies until 4th grade.  For K-3 the teachers send home notes for items they need and ask for donations from any...
I use them as needed.  Sharpie on the wall for example.  
I have a 13 yr old indoor female calico who is peeing all over.  This has been an issue on and off over the years.  Usually it means her litter box is "too dirty" for her or she has a UTI.  This summer the peeing has escalated.  She was diagnosed with a UTI, is on clavamox, a steroid for a couple of days, glucosemine to help strengthen her bladder, we went all wet food with no grain, two litter boxes and a cat pheramone plug in.   Vet did a bunch of tests and ruled out...
My DS will be entering first grade in the fall.  He has learning disabilities and gets a fair amount of help from school and will be going to summer school.  What I am looking for are games that will engage him and help him learn.  Our focus now is beginning to read.  He needs a lot of repetition and different ways to get the information into him.  Board games we can both play, games for the computer, iPad or Wii.  He has a Leapster but generally will not play with it....
We see Dr. Thomson in Peterborough.  We have also been very happy with him :)
We do the same.  When my boys were little we had a ton of good storage space so I kept everything.  Then we moved and had no storage space.  I kept the favorites and donated the rest.  It has been easier as my boys have grown, they are only 3 years apart in age.  My oldest is very hard on his clothing which means very little is passed down and what is passed down just about fits my youngest so it goes right into his drawer.