or Connect

Posts by lucyem

I do not have a count of how many we have but it seems fine.  Meaning there are not tons in the cabinet and yet we never run out.  I have a couple of nice ones I save for guests, a bunch for us and the kids, thin older ones for dogs, anything ripped goes to the barn for horses or use as rags.  Now and then I might see a pretty towel at Marshalls for cheap and I pick it up.  Works for us :)
I think it depends on your personality more so then if you are an artist or not.  My mother lives in a messy cluttered home.  I grew up living with her crafts.  I remember making dinner around molds and pushing aside paint to eat.  She has a spare bedroom for her crafts now which keeps things contained but it is a total mess of things.  Organization has never been her strong point.  My sister is an artist but also a minimalist.  She keeps her supplies all organized in a...
Thanks for the ideas!  We took him out and bought a pair of Keen sandal/sneaker hybrids for now.  Kind of limited locally but I wanted to get him out of those sneakers asap.  He wore the Keens and said his heels did not hurt in them.  He also did not toe in so extreme in these as he does in his sneakers.  I think he tends to toe in and the sneakers wear funny which accentuates the toeing in.  He loves those Sketchers sneakers but it says something that he did not bat en...
My 9 yr old DS has been complaining his legs hurt when he runs.  We have noticed he tends to toe in a lot when he walks and more so with his Sketchers sneakers then with his crocs.  Also the Sketchers wear funny which makes it worse.  When he started complaining he admitted his feet hurt less in crocs.  Which would make sense if he is not toeing in so much with the crocs.  We have an appointment scheduled with his doctor for the end of June for a physical and we will...
We are pet sitting a smaller, spazzy dog.  He is wonderful and we enjoy having him except for one thing.  He gets very active at night wandering the house and then will pee/poop now and then.  If the cat makes a single squeak he is up and running.  In the morning we have to run for the door as soon as he wakes up, though I have noticed he is waiting longer and longer as he settles into our routine.  All this is not a big deal for the short term.  I take him out late and...
I love butcher block myself.  I have never had issues with it around my sink area but I guess someone could.  I also like using it and letting it get a more rustic used look to it.  Right now we have hunter green formica that came with the house - ick!  
We have a bunch of different breeds and it is a lot of fun to see them all interact.   Silkies are very sweet.  One is special needs but super broody.  One is smart and fast and holds her own with the big girls.  My kids can pick them up and pet them for ages and the silkies enjoy it.  Mine seem to lay a lot for silkies.  Between the two I get 2 eggs 5 days out of 7 and 1 egg the other two days.  Silkie eggs are small but kids love the tiny eggs.   Buff...
There is already one very long rod over them all with one holder that stops rings right in the middle.  The panels I am looking at are 50 inches wide or 100 inches wide.  The curtains would not be pulled back by anything, but just hang so we can easily pull open and shut.  They are long panels that will hit the floor.    
I have 4 windows in a row.  Each your standard double pane 28" wide window.  Between each window is about an 8 inch piece of molding.  I am looking at curtain panels and I could get 4, one for each window.  I guess let them hang between the windows and on the ends.  Not exactly sure how to set it up.  Or I could get 2 very wide panels.  Each would cover 2 windows and hang on either side of the row of windows.  What do you think?
My DH has a bad back.  He has always had one and he has lived in constant pain since he was a young teen.  The only time he was pain free was when he did 2 hours of stretching a day.  Life does not allow for that often.  So we went mattress shopping and he lay on a tempurpedic for 20+ minutes and for the first time in his life stood up off a bed without pain.  Obviously we bought one, toxic fumes and everything.  The smell does not bother us which is good.  The first...