or Connect

Posts by lucyem

Can you install a cat door from the house to the garage?  We did that once to the basement door.
Totally depends on the cat and more likely with younger cats.  I grew up with a lot of very active smart siamese cats.   We never used tinsel or ribbons or anything a cat might eat or chew on.  What they could chew on depended on the cat.  Sometimes feathers, sometimes plastic and sometimes wires.   The years we had the wire eating cat we skipped lights altogether.  We never hung up anything sentimental or breakable if we had a cat at the time who did climb the trees....
I was the gamer in the family then we had kids and my time is more limited.  Though I have never, not, been able to find any game I was looking for, nor do I miss the newest Playstation or Xbox.  Honestly I have been keeping my eye on the new xbox kinect but am not willing to go for it for a number of reasons.  It is brand new, we already have a Wii, and the games specific to the Wii are so family oriented and fun and we use it daily.  I know the kinect will try and...
Bed making only happens when the house is on the market, and then only for a showing.  
I use the under the waterer flat pan thing.  We already have cords out for horse water so just run one to the chicken water.  I do keep it inside the coop and here in northern new england it has always worked.  I never knew about the 10 degree or less thing.  I imagine that would be more a factor when placed outside of the coop.  We have never had an issue where the water froze or even appeared to be freezing a little.
I would if I could.  I have a BMW.  I bought used but new it cost less then the average suv or ford truck around town but because of it's name I do get comments.  And the comments have not always been nice.  People do have preconceived notions about certain cars and because it is a certain name they assume it cost a ton of money.  I had always wanted one and now regret it from that stand point.  You see contractors coming to the house to give you a quote and yes they do...
Me to DH:  "Does someone have to worry about radon in their granite countertop" DH:  "Not really.  Chances are that the amount of radon is so small that it is not an issue.  That is if the piece of granite even had radon in it and you would not know unless you tested it.  The radon could be an issue in a very small non ventilated kitchen with no air flow where the radon can build up and most houses are not that tight."   DH is a certified Radon inspector and...
In our bathroom I have started using an over the door shoe holder with clear plastic pockets for stuff we use all the time or might want at night (moisturizer, toothpaste, advil, kids tylenol, deoderant).  Medicines and vitamins stay in the kitchen in a tiny cabinet next to the sink because that is where we take them.  All our bandaid/first aid supplies are in their own bin in the pantry.
I love my Miele.  Works great, amazing suction.  I let two friends try it out and both went out and bought one.  We have a small farm and 3 dogs so think lots of mud/dirt and hair.
Yep, put up a light.  This time of year I have a light I put on a timer.  Something else to keep in mind for next year is that your hens will be due for their molt which will also stop their egg production. I certainly know how you feel.  I have 20 hens in my coop and am lucky to get 3 eggs a day from the 7 month olds.  My easter eggers have not produced an egg since September.  I must say I am getting annoyed with the small eggs.  Though have been lucky enough...