or Connect

Posts by mumto2

Please, there must be someone who can help me. After falling in love with some Baby BeeHinds bamboo fitteds and spending way too much on way too many of them, I'm disappointed with how they are washing up. I used to have prefolds and soaked them in nappy treatment, dry on high in the dryer to keep them soft and never had any issues with staining. Can i soak the bamboos? They are coloured on the outside and natural on the inside. I'm using a liner but ds is only...
Ds is almost 2 months old. His umbilical area is still oozing a bit, just from the innermost twirly fold IYKWIM. Should this have stopped by now?
Have you got an elastic support belt for your pelvis? I couldn't live without mine.
With ds (now 9) we got; Oh no!! You haven't even paid off the mortgage yet!! with lots of brow wiping and head shaking - as if we were 16 and this was a surprise. We were both 27 and married... to each other!!!! Also we had a 25 year mortgage on that house. How long were we supposed to wait???? With dd ( now 6) there was the oft spoken expectation that we wanted a girl and even clearer understanding that they wanted a girl. We found out at the ultrasound and...
They will be all over the new baby like a rash when it is born. That will annoy you too! My IL's were like that with ds although he was the first grandchild. Now they can't get enough of either of the kids.
I completely agree that this is a boundary and respect issue. No one is going to make any changes except YOU. I have had difficult moments with in-laws and my own mother but luckily these were never complicated by living with them. This is what I would do. Firstly - remember that you hold all the cards. You have the child they want to see. They will come around to your way if you are strong, consistant and clear. Secondly - stop going over there. Invite...
Well I'm the odd one out here. I'm having a scheduled c-section at a private hospital. This is number 3 for us. First was a traumatic forceps delivery after 35 hours of labour. Second was a scheduled c-section. I've also had a vaginal and uterine repair due to damage sustained during labour and delivery of number 1. Thats why I won't be having any more vaginal deliverys - but I have very quick recoveries.
Quote: Originally Posted by Munchkimo If you tried the diet changes to no avail, then you're justified in trying the medication next. I'm thankful that we know what causes my son's behavior and that we are able to "treat" his disorder simply by avoiding certain foods. This is the kind of thing I'm referring to and quite frankly, I find it infuriating. Firstly - why do I need to follow your protocol in order for you to 'allow' me to...
To all those people who think that ADHD is over-diagnosed, what percentage of children do YOU believe is a reasonable, more accurate level of presentation of this disorder? I believe that diabetes types 1 and 2 are on the increase in children, obesity, asthma, food intolerance and all manner of allergies are all far more common now than in past generations. Why is there no similar outrage about the diagnosis and management of these conditions? Why is there no tutting...
You see, parenting is all about accepting the child we have, not the one we want. My ds has been diagnosed with ADHD - (it's all ADHD now, the distinction between that and ADD has been out for many years.) Here any psychiatric diagnosis has to be made by a child psychiatrist or super experienced and supervised pediatrician- not just your regular doctor. Medication is controlled and hard to have prescribed let alone dispenced at the pharmacy. Of course there is...