or Connect

Posts by mumto2

Nah... the recommendation where I am is no amount of alcohol during pregnancy. I can wait. Usually there is some type of sparkling glorified soft drink at a function or special occasion so I'll have that if I really feel like it. Welcome to the boards. When are you due?
We do santa here with ds9 and dd6. I've been firm with the inlaws that santa visits the kids at their own home. They are welcome to give the gifts they want to, but they are from the grandparents, not santa. We started this when ds was a baby so even if they had to incur my wrath on his first Christmas, ds wouldn't have known and there would have been NO repeat. I have worked extremely hard over the years to have clear boundaries and I'm never afraid to go over my...
In our area, it's the done thing for the birthday child to open the present from each guest as they arrive. The birthday child and parent do the meet and greet with guest and parent and open the gift then. That way the guest can be thanked for the gift and welcomed to the party, parents generally chat about how lovely the gift is and why it was picked out. Then guest runs off to begin party playing. Repeat. No one else need see what gift has been given, no one...
I've bought the Bummis Kit with the small size covers and prefolds. Will they be too big for a newborn? Even after lots of washing the prefolds are still quite thick and I think that folding the front or back down will make them hugely thick in that area. Can I just leave them unfolded inside the small covers or will that come up to baby's underarms?? Does anyone have experince with the Bummis kits?
We had this for my dd, now 6. We are using it again for our new little one. It was absolutely fantastic. I cannot rave about it enough. It is also so easy to transport. We moved it around the house, took it to friend's places and on holidays with ease, so dd could always sleep in her own bed - which was a huge issue for ds. He could only sleep in his own bed so going out anywhere at night or nap time was a nightmare. It's easy to put up and down - takes about a...
What is with this whole "my experience far surpasses your experience which scarcely deserves to be even called an experience" tone here? Look throughout the MDC community and you will find parents and families striving to treat their children gently, with dignity and respect. "Celebrate diversity", we say, "We are all unique!" Why does the sme standard not apply when communicating with each other? My child would not have survived BIRTH without medical...
Ummm... if a baby is born, it's a birth. Sure, a c/s may be a surgical procedure to deliver a baby, but it's still a birth of a child. So my dd was not born, she was ...... surgicalated??? Gah! Gimme a break!
I had excrutiating pain in the two back joints of my pelvis with both pregnancies. I was diagnosed with an unstable pelvis which is basically the same condition only affecting the back joints. The pubic joint was sore to touch but easy enough to avoid. I wore a brace that was basically a wide piece of elastic, like 15-20cm thick, that velcroed up at the back. The physio said it would provide stability which would prevent the pain from the joints moving about and...
Wow! It sounds as if you all have been through a lot these past few days. My ds was also resistant to medication at that age. What worked for us was telling him that he really needed to take the medicine and what could I do to make it easier for him? I offered a few suggestions like the chocolate and left it with him. Then it became his problem to solve and not me trying to coerce him. I think he went with having chocolate in his mouth and sucking it down...
Oh no... not us. We will have name picked out for boy and girl. Our families are so intrusive that they would take our lack of decision as an invitation to crtique and debate suitable names themselves - then change their collective minds several times over. Dh can be indecisive and changeable too and I am just not one to go changing baby's name or even have those discussions in that post partum period. Much more practical for us if we contact them to announce the birth...