or Connect

Posts by mumto2

I had surgery for a rectocele and cystocele last year. I tried kegals, electro stimulation and saw a women's health physio. The tissue can be stretched and damaged beyond what simple exercises can repair. It was a result of delivery of ds (now 8) - long induced labour, 4 hour second stage, failed vacuum and finally forceps delivery. No wonder. I had dd 3 years later by c/s. My obgyn has said there will be no problem with a subsequent pregnancy, but deliveries...
Hi everyone, Dh and I are both 36 and have 2 dc already. Ds (8) was conceived on the first cycle and dd (5) on the second cycle so we naturally and foolishly assumed we would not have any difficuly ttc #3. I had an early m/c in July and have not been able to conceive since. I have been charting and seem to be ovulating. If I am not pregnant this cycle I am considering going to see my obgyn. My question is what should I expect him to do or want to do? And how well...
What is involved in the metabolic testing? Is it just from blood samples or more invasive?
Thanks Transitions - actually i am delighted to 'meet' someone with cvs who has obviously survived the whole ordeal..... how is this possible??? Dd looks like death. However did you function at all with almost constant nausea aswell as the vomiting. Was there anything at all that gave you some relief? I can't work out what the triggers might be for dd. She is not an anxious or overly emotional child at all, no changes in food except that we have gone totally...
Thanks Mamaverdi, dd is having a thorough check over at the moment. She had a head ct scan ordered by her ped which was normal however the ped gastro isn't pleased that it was done without contrast so it looks like we will be repeating that in the next few weeks. Dd had lots of blood taken last week and the results should be coming through tomorrow. She was checked for so many things I don't know exactly what the dr is looking for. Maybe she will have an...
Thank you all so much for your replies. We can't use Maxalt as it is not approved for use in children here in Australia. I think zofran is a brand name of ondancetron??? so that seems to be a fairly standard medication. I find that it only stops the vomiting - which is great don't get me wrong - but she is still soooo sick, completely unable to do a single thing, not even hold up a cup to her mouth for so many days. I am glad to hear that there are periods of time...
Yeah Periactin has many uses apparantly. Antihistamine, sedation, nausea and vomiting and appetite enhancer in different doses. I don't understand how one drug can act in so many different ways myself. Dd takes 2mg or 4mg. How much does your dd take - do you notice any sedating effects? Dd already has a hearty appetitie so she takes it at night to reduce the appetite enhancing effect. She is also to take it at the onset of vomiting but it seems rather ineffective...
Thanks Angie, the name of the medication would be really helpful. Dd is taking Periactin at night to prevent attacks but it isn't really working well for her .
I'm just wondering if anyone has a child diagnosed with migraines or cyclic vomiting. My dd aged 5 has been having bouts of vomiting which last for up to 5 days and require hospital care and ondancetron. The medication stops the vomiting but not the nausea. The episodes are very debilitating and occur every 2 to 3 weeks. She can vomit up to 6 times an hour. Her ped diagnosed cyclic vomiting which is associated with migraines and referred her on to a ped...
I don't think the issue is if the sister was or wasn't hungry. Or if the brother was or wasn't hungry. The brother had and the sister was without. IMO, by allowing the brother to have a treat while his younger sister cries because she is without, is condoning his behaviour and encouraging him to ignore the needs of his nearest and dearest. Sibling bonds are the most enduring of any lifetime. There is nothing that compares with that love. Of course the mother...