or Connect

Posts by mumto2

Thismama - you are sensible. I agree with everythng you have said. The issue isn't really about the cheese imo. In our family, it just does not happen that one person has a 'windfall', particularly a consumable windfall, and that person will enjoy it without sharing with the others. I cannot fathom a situation where it would be OK in our family for one child to be feeling upset and left out because the other would not share something as trivial as a piece of...
What is with this "not letting parents stay" that goes on with dentists???? I usually take one of two tacks: 1. Announce before hand that I will be going in and I won't be causing them any problems while there, will stay out of there way and so on. Basically address and dismiss any concerns they may have. 2. Say nothing before hand and just go in as if it were the most natural thing in the world - which it IS! If they really baulk and refuse to go ahead with...
My dd is a tiny 5 and we often get comments about her size. Earlier in the week, in the checkout queue, the lady behind me commented on how well dd talks for a 3 year old. Thats because she's 5!!!!! We sometimes make a game out of how easy people are to trick and she will pretend to be 3. Maybe your dd would like to play that game? Then we share the joke afterwards.
I just wanted to let you know that I had a rectocele/cystocele/prolapse repair done earlier this year. My first labout and delivery sounds just like yours. I am able to have more children but will need to have a c section delivery, otherwise the repair will need to be done again. I had the surgery done 6 months ago, had an unrelated miscarriage 2 months ago and am ttc again now. It sounds like you are very uncomfortable at the moment - go ahead and have the...
I had a scheculed c/s for my 2nd after a very difficult 1st delivery. With ds, I had a 35 hour labour, failed vacuum and forceps delivery. I had a huge hemorrhage was in heaps of pain despite epidural - I actually didn't think it was possible to be in thiat much pain and not die. I missed two nights sleep and was exhausted in every way when ds was born. My recovery was slow, I was in pain for months and have needed surgery for pelvic floor prolapse some 8 years...
I have a few choices of where to send dd to K next year and can't quite decide which would be best. School A is our local school. It has a reputation for being quite rough. I have visited and was not overly keen with what I saw - older children swearing at each other , pushing and yelling in an unkind way. Even though we could walk, I'm not really intending to send dd there. School B is about a 5 minute drive away. It is in a largely professional/semi...
I have a few choices of where to send dd to K next year and can't quite decide which would be best. School A is our local school. It has a reputation for being quite rough. I have visited and was not overly keen with what I saw - older children swearing at each other , pushing and yelling in an unkind way. Even though we could walk, I'm not really intending to send dd there. School B is about a 5 minute drive away. It is in a largely professional/semi...
Thanks for your replys. The users manual is fairly unclear so I am no wiser really after looking at that. Maybe I need to do a course......
Hi I've just bought a serger with the idea that it will make my sewing look more professionally finished and take less time. I was also looking forward to using stretch fabrics that never ended up well on my sewing machine. I was wanting to use the rolled hem but looking at the info I got with the serger it isn't really clear how to go about it. Is it a foot or a foot plate that I change? I know on the sewing machine I changed the foot when I varied the stitches...
I never really get why we feel we need permission from one or other service provider to do what we feel is right for our children. My 4 year old dd recently started dancing and it was a total no-no for parents to go into the class and watch. I didn't ask if it was ok for me to go in - I just did. The class teacher and then the head honcho told me that she would be 'just fiiiine' and if I would just wait outside, thank you. "Oh no" I said in horrified fashion - this is...