or Connect

Posts by Altair

We love the Bugaboo Bee. Not the cheapest stroller, but a good stroller is a MUST in NYC because it is basically your car. It has to hold a weeks worth of groceries and anything else you pick up along the way while still being able to push daily and not tip over! We lived on a 3rd floor walk up when we had him so we got a maclaren volo also for me alone on the steps or for the subway.
And don't forget-- many kids with ASDs also have SPD.  I work with kids who are high functioning on the ASD spectrum (teacher) and many things in your list are things I would look at further.  I agree a full multi-disciplinary psycho-ed evaluation is better at this point, especially when medication is involved you want to make sure you're working with the most information possible.  Good luck!
Well, I think it is part of BFing at night and co-sleeping that we will tend to have babies who sleep in shorter stretches.  I was willing to make that sacrifice the first 12 months, but it really, really wore me down (I teach K full time during the day and not having any energy was tough).  After 12 months I gently night weaned, and put the side up on the sidecarred crib next to us, and then he FINALLY started STTN with some help from NCSS.     It is a decision we...
I can't stand my cat sleeping on my snoogle!  It's covered in cat hair every night when I want it.  I have to keep it under the covers so she doesn't nestle in it.  I remember this with my first baby... cats think everything snuggly baby related is for them (bouncy seat, cat seat, crib, soft bedding).
Forgot to mention it is GREAT for nursing I always used it to pump at work because it would up my supply more than plain water. Gatorade too, but without the chemicals.
If its a decent price, go with the 12 pack! You will easily drink it all in labor and after in the first few weeks when you need good hydration.
I tip at least 20% pretty much all the time.  I haven't been to a buffet in years, but I'd probably tip 20% still.  I don't usually have bad service, and if I do it's usually out of the wait staff's reach, meaning the food is coming out slow or it's really busy.  Being a waiter in NYC is actually not the easiest job to get (in better restaurants especially) so there aren't usually "bad" waiters, at least at the places we frequent.     I'm not a big complainer in...
This pregnancy is going MUCH faster than my last one!  I was so excited for spring to come, because I knew getting through the warm weather meant baby is coming soon.   I have a love/hate relationship with pregnancy flying by, and I felt this last time too... of course I want to meet my baby and I'll be happy for the aches and pains to go away, and I'm excited to transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4.  But... I really do treasure the time I'm pregnant.  Last...
There's also the matter of different diets working for different people's bodies.  I was decently healthy being a vegetarian for 10 years, not healthy at all when I was a vegan... but I have friends who are just glowing with health as vegans, eating very similarly to the way I did.  I did more paleo a bit, and incorporated *some* TF.     For me, the biggest change was when I started to notice that people around me who were the most *food obsessed* and constantly...
I mostly use the Keeper (I've had it now for over 10 years, that thing can last!).  Once I really got used to it I found it much more comfortable than pads.  On heavy days if I need something extra I'll use a cloth pad as a liner.  I used to soak them in water or water and a little soap or baking soda and change the water each day until laundry day when I used them more frequently, but now I just rinse them and throw them into the laundry bin with the towels especially...