or Connect

Posts by Altair

I don't have a scheduled c-section this time, but last time I had an unexpected c-section transfer and while I'm trying for a hbac, I know another c-section is a possibility here.    I 100% needed my partner in the room with me the 2 nights in the hospital.  We splurged/sacrificed for a private room because there was no way I could co-sleep and nurse and take care of the baby all night without him.  My nurses were very hands-off (thankfully) with the baby when they...
Do you only want stories of babies who were not engaged at term and then dropped in labor or before?  I had quite a bit of difficulty with my unengaged baby and in retrospect I could have used a bit more realism to do some things to get him there.  But I'm not posting anything without asking since you seem to be saying you only want positive stories.  :-)
I was really happy using a copper IUD.  It was easily inserted at my 6 week visit.  The only complications I had was increased blood flow.  No increased cramps.  I had it taken out 2.5 years later and got pregnant first try, just as planned.    
Handwashing pockets or AIOs while camping sounds like torture to me!  They don't wash easily and they take forever to dry.  You may be able to get away with using the pockets as covers and sticking a disposable insert in there, but that won't save any money over disposables.    In your shoes I'd use the DDs in a heartbeat! 
I'm in NYC so I've always been in buildings with shared washers (except when my first was a baby and we had a WD and it was heaven) and it is 100% accepted practice to take out clothes that are finished their cycles. No one else but us CD users double wash, so it would never occur to anyone that you would still need the machine. plus, it's considered rude to leave clothes there after the cycle is done, so the solution is just to take it out. I know there is no way I can...
Ahhhhhhh the unresolved emotions BS is what offends me the most.  As if there could be no actual physical reason that a baby needs to be born by c-section.  I can't cure cancer by thinking it away, and I can't force a baby out of somewhere he is stuck by getting over my mother yelling at me about wetting myself when I was 4...       (just an example, I didn't actually wet myself)  ;-)
I second the recommendation for those who want to leave work AFTER taking a leave-- you may be required to pay back paid time off, or even the amount your employer paid towards your health care during that time.  Check into it before hand or you could have a nasty surprise right when you have no income.  
FMLA leave goes by a rolling calendar year-- so when you are ready to take it for maternity leave, your 6 weeks prior that you take now will count against it.  ANY time you take off in the preceding 10-12 months before you go on FMLA leave counts against your leave.  Even single days off.  FMLA leave is not a great protection, in general.  It's a bare minimum.     Is there a reason why you want to take the leave off now?  Your 8th and 9th month of pregnancy will also...
The preschool my son attends is mixed age 2-5.  This is NY, so laws may be different, but I know they needed to have "2s Nest" which was a somewhat separate area, but only through using moveable low walls.  The 2 year olds started their day there, but then were able to play with the rest of the kids in the school for most of the afternoon (he's just there for 3 hours in the afternoon twice a week).  The staffing ratios in the entire place do conform to the younger kids,...
We love the Whole Foods 2.99 Chardonnay.  :-)  For everyday wine, or bulk wine for a party, or a white sangria or the cabernet for a red sangria.  The Whole Foods right near us doesn't have wine, but the one uptown does and it's worth the trip to stock up!     Also, a WF rotisserie chicken is good to have on hand for a quick dinner the first night with rice and salad, then leftovers can be soup (put bones in the crockpot), sandwiches, enchiladas, tacos, etc.  My son...