or Connect

Posts by JBaxter

I have 4 children and we had an eye opening reaction with my 3rd  so I started to research vaccines at that point.   When my 4th was born we declined the antibiotic eye ointment because I did not have VD < and can assure you my husband didn't pick it up during my pregnancy>   We declined the HepB because I did not have hepB and my new born was not going to be sharing needles or  having sex with an infected person anytime soon.  I also declined  vitK a childs body...
We did Monday Tuesday < me>  Wed & Thurs and alternated weekends.  basically 5-2 /2-5  that way neither of us when without the boys more than 5 days.  I did much more work than my X and there are many negatives but they were used to the schedule and it mostly worked.   
I've been to mexico ( cozumel) and to Punta Cana ( dominican republic) with an completely unvaxed child and a partially vaxed child.  I'll do it again in a heart beat.
OP... As a mom of teens I have to say we NEVER allowed cell phones in the bedroom after bed time for any reason.   Our bedtime for  middle school was about 930 high school was more lax but there is a reason growing bodies need sleep.  I have/had a central charging area in the kitchen and if there was an emergency from their dad he would call the house line.   How could any judge require a child to stay up to 11 or 12 to get a text or call?   Stand your ground on that...
Part of my son's are circ'd part are not.  I'm chiming with the Intact boys are easier.   When we made the decision  to keep Jack intact I asked my DH when the last time he saw his father naked.  He had no clue so the "look like dad thing" has no bearing here.  Less than half the boys in the US are being circ'd and world wide 80-90% of men are intact.   Circing  is cosmetic and IMO as a mom of both TOTALLY unnecessary done to a newborn.  I regret letting them cut my...
The MOTHER of your step children will probably have a hard time taking them for a full year with no contact.  It does sound like she is the custodial parent if the children are only at your home 52 nights per year.  Depending on the judge and situation she may be able to get a court to allow her to take them for the school year.  I guess I'm reading it wrong she went from letting them live with their father ( and you) for a year then taking them for a year now wanting no...
Jack is 3 and has had 2 ear infections.   Thats the extent of his illnesses.  My oldest 2 never had prevnar my 3rd did but he's the reason we re thought our parenting style.   I have never heard  that you needed to give them together either.  
This might sound off the wall but over my 20 yrs of parenting ( oldest is 20 youngest is 3) I learned to research and then listen to my gut ( DH calls it the little mommy that lives in my head)  I did HiB something told me to do so I cant explain it.  Jack ( my yougest) was 1 when he got his first vaccine and it was HiB.   My oldest had a non covered type of meningitis at 14 months old maybe thats what scared me BUT it such an individual choice.  We also chose to do DTaP...
Good to see we are considering a move to IL.
Gap/ Old Navy Skinny jeans w/ adjustable waist.   I have a bean pole too.   Just before school they had them for $10/pair.