or Connect

Posts by atozmama

Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali I don't think he believes that Santa truly comes to each house and delivers a gift. Or so I thought. Ds just told me that I have to move the candle holders out of the fireplace so Santa doesn't land on them. Love this, it is so hard to know what is going on thier minds sometimes. At our house I tried for years to do the Santa thing. DH had a hard time understanding hide the present until the...
Congratulations!! Welcome Bridgette
I agree with cee3. I watch and restrict my kids more than I want to because of the fear of someone calling CPS or something. It makes me mad. When it is hot I can't let my 18 month old out of the house because of neighbors (in a townhome community with no yards or fences) do not want him near thier slip and slide or pool. Of course the adult can not tell me, but the 6 yo does every time my toddler comes near.
We just bought a Graco Comfort Sport at Target for $80. I chose that over the Cosco Scerena as the Comfort Sport has the EPS foam , and the Target we went to had no Cosco seats in stock at the time. My 20lb 18 month old is rf in that right now. Shortly after we bought that I went to a car seat safttey check and we had the seat installed better. It took a 3 noodles to get it secure. We were also given a booster for my 6 yo to rplace the old one she had and an Apex 65 ( I...
I have been breastfeedingfor nearly 9 years and for 4 babies and I can count on one hand the number of let-downs I have felt. I have always seen my let down by the change in my babies sucking patterns.
I am not done reading the thread yet, but wanted to sub as my baby is waking and need me.... Treasure mapping has been dumped in my lap so to speaktwice in the last week from toataly differnet sources. I have to do something about it.
Another way you could approach the topic, espically if she is a more mainstream mom, is how would the boy do in a preschool setting? or does she think he is ready for preschool? Mabey you could do a little research and find out what your local school district has to offer (most districts have web sites now days) and work in the idea the school district has some programs that could help get him ready for Kindergarten and giver her the name of a program or person to contact...
There is a tool called the Denver Assesment that I have seen that tracks development in several areas. A quick google brought up this: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...rticlekey=9719 I hope it helps give you some idea of where to look.
Quote: Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog Oh no, I love sweaters! And hats! Baby and I are always wearing them! But that doesn't stop prune-faced meddlers from declaring I am a Bad Mother for even leaving the house when it's sooooo coooold. You know, 38 degrees. I'd hate to see what they would have to say about me. I took my 4 kids sleding toady when the windchill was 0, temps must have been in low teens. We were not the only family out...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2tadpoles One thing I noticed which made me a little sad; all the male donors for the exhibit were circed. It's too bad for them, and also too bad that more Americans couldn't be exposed to the normalcy of an intact penis through this exhibit. . I saw the exhibit in MN this past summer. I felt kind of rushed, answering questions of my 5yo and trying to keep track of my 8yo who was more interested in finding his...