or Connect

Posts by DeepLakeSwimmer

Quote: Originally Posted by academama peppermint oil worked for us--I just painted it on anywhere I saw them and around our door [where they were coming in]. Cinnamon oil worked for me in much the same way. Also, because my ants were on the counters, I took to putting a few drops of oil on a damp rag and just wiping all the walls and counters down. The ants are mostly gone and the kitchen smells really nice!
I am really not feeling this season. I told my husband last night that I don't think I'm even going to keep watching. None of the women really stand out to me and Tyra...I don't know. I think I'm just over her.
Hi Mamas--My daughter has been attending this school since the fall and I'm just wondering if there are any others--I'd love to connect! Mindy
Hi, I'm not in your DDC but I saw your post on the front page and had to respond. I had PUPPS something awful the last month of my pregnancy and first month of my post partum--I thought I was going to go insane! Something that actually worked for me, and felt pretty good, was taking a shower twice a day with Pine Tar soap (I'd put it on a scrubby and turn off the water, cover my entire body with a thick foam and let it sit there as long as I could before I'd get too cold,...
My four year old,Gillian, is Piglet; my new baby Ben is Little Friend.
Quote: Originally Posted by VeganMamaRed I agree with whoever said that it was the suddeness of it all, not so much the actual ghouly thing. She would have been ok with it if she saw it beforehand. Probably not thrilled, but ok. It was the fact that it jumped out at her in a dark spot at an otherwise well-lit and cheery house that did it. It could have been Minnie Mouse jumping out at her and she would have been frightened. Right--exactly! Of...
Yep, I'm feeling a little put off by this kind of thing right now as well. The door to the first house we went to last night was opened by a man in a scary mask screaming! My daughter is also rather fearless but she's still only 3 and a half--really young! She went to maybe 10 more houses but was clingy and afraid the entire time. I mean really, if you're going to open your door acting like a serial killer maybe look out your peephole first and assess the situation? She...
Yep--me too. Every night for a week and a half I've gone to sleep with my gut telling me "tonight's the night!" and every morning I wake up still pregnant! I feel like the boy who cried wolf and definitely have lost faith in listening to my body which is soooo disheartening! Mindy
I didn't want to read and not reply--I've had so much trouble finding other mamas to connect with in Olympia--and it's so weird because I've lived here FOREVER and love this town and really do have a lot of connections; I JUST.CAN'T.SEEM.TO.MAKE.A.PLAYGROUP.HAPPEN! I met up with a few mamas from here when I had my first daughter, about 4 years ago, but that never really took off. I kind of lurked on the board when I went back to work and would see some things kind of...
Thank you all again for all your supportive replies. I KNEW you all had to know the truth...I'm just so frustrated because I really do LIKE my doctor and really WANT to trust her but still, despite the fact that my hospital does have a very low c-section rate, I do need to be very aware of going into this ready to fight if necessary. The weight thing is irritating as well, I started at 190 (I'm 6 ft tall) and have gained 45 lbs--really a totally "acceptable" amount in...