or Connect

Posts by beachmommy

Just in case anyone is curious, the second blood test came back negative. Not pregnant. Those hpt's are cruel and unreliable little suckers. I did realize that I had waited too long to check the hpt, which obviously resulted in a false positive. So cruel. Just an update. Moving on......
Okay, I had a diui on Monday and Tuesday, August 4 and 5. Was supposed to go in for my beta this Tuesday but I went in Monday instead, one day early (13 dpiui). Negative. Well, af still hadn't come today (Thursday), so I took an hpt. Undeniably positive! I'm freaking out. I called my RE and told the whole story and they told me to come in tomorrow for another blood test. They didn't say, "Well, you're pregnant!" or "You're not!" They just said, "That's really...
Thanks for asking. Not pregnant, as expected. This roller coaster is tough, but there's always next month.
Hi, beachmommy here! We started TTC in 1998 and had our dd in 2001 with the help of injectible meds and IUI. Have been ttc #2 since Sept. 2002, had an ectopic pg in Dec. 2002, and we are now back in treatment. Just finished our first injectible cycle and are waiting to find out if we're pg (took a blood test this morning). Doc will call any minute but I really really don't think I'm pg. Glad this support is here. My best to you all, beachmommy
Funny, Laurel is feeling defensive about her choice to go with a naturopath, and I'm sitting here reading and feeling a bit defensive about my choice to see an RE and take meds and do IUI! I suppose it's just natural for us to feel a little defensive about our choices, knowing that others have strong opinions that differ greatly from ours. Such is life. I am a very natural mommy. Very AP. Organic, whole food eater, cloth diapers, baby wearing mommy. But the fact is,...
My 20-month-old dd has had diarrhea for nearly 3 days, a cough and green snotty nose and a fever that comes and goes. I think we'll see Dr. Sears today and have him check her out, but I have a question for you mamas in the meantime. This morning she pooped and it was BRIGHT seafoam green and really seemed to sting her badly. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Could it be the disgusting artifcially colored Pedialyte I gave her yesterday? Or is this a sign of a...
Definitely as soon as you wake up. Before you even sit up. I just keep my thermometer right under my pillow or on the nightstand and reach for it the moment I wake up. The habit kicks in after a while and becomes automatic. When I was still nursing my dd in the morning I would take my temp. as I began to nurse her. Good luck!
Gosh, I don't know what to say. I would tend to explain it with children's imaginations because it could SO easily be that. This also happened to a friend of mine. All of her children saw the same "people" in their house that mom and dad didn't see. The kids were never frightened, though. I'd give it some time and see what happens. Also look into where she could have heard the word/idea of ghosts. How old is your house? Would you be comfortable sleeping in your...
I don't give my baby vitamins but I do give her Juice Plus, on the recommendation of my ped (Dr. Sears). It's not vitamins but pure whole foods.......dehydrated fruits and vegetables put into capsules. I sprinkle a little of the powder from the capsule into some of her food. We take it too. It ensures that your body gets enough fruits and veggies each day. I highly recommend it (I think they have a web site.) Have you tried making your own baby food at home? It's...
Before I knew it, I had red Play-Doh being ground into my carpet this morning. Anyone have any experience with this or ideas how to get it out? Hopefully once it dries I'll be able to get it up, but it's so ground in that it's a big smeared red stain. Yippee! Any help would be appreciated!