or Connect

Posts by pitchfork

Hi Mamas, I am about to start Ec with my second child, (she is 11 weeks and we have only been cueing so far) and am looking for a tiny potty, like a top hat. Anyone know where to get one of those? Anyway, I found this http://www.novanatural.com/baby-toddler/body-care/chamber-pot Anyone used this little chamber pot? I like that it's not plastic. I started Ec with my first when he could sit, so I haven't had experience with such tiny bottoms!
Wow mama! What a postpartum ride!! Hugs to you for handling all this so beautifully!
Hi Mamas, Just wanted to let you know that We had our baby! Fiona Ellen was born at home in the water Tuesday morning after a 4 hour labor! she is beautiful and healthy, and I am fine too. I'm 41, soon to be 42, and we tried for about 2 years, with no medical interventions, just to give you all some background. I did work with a wonderful TCM throughout the (very difficult) pregnancy, and she was a godsend. I wish I had started with her before I got...
hi Mamas, just wanted to stop by and offer my love and support. The waiting is so hard! Also to let you know that even tho this baby was a week longer on the inside than my first, (and I am sure about my dates, I was charting for both) this one had a lot more signs of being "earlier" like lots of vernix, and lanugo -is that the right word? You know the fine hair on the body? So clearly she had her reasons for waiting, even tho I could tell she was bigger than DS1, and...
Well, I made it in under the wire for an August baby! Fiona was born at home at 40 weeks 4 days- in the water at 5:23am after 4 hours of labor. She is 9 lbs, 2 oz. After all that prodromal stuff I have been complaining about on the "still here" thread, "real" labor started the same way, contractions that woke me a little after 1am but this time progressed quickly. Birth Tub was filling so slowly we were afraid baby would come before tub filled! I can hardly believe...
We welcomed Fiona Ellen this morning at 5:23am. 9lbs 2oz, 21 inches. Born at home, in the water. We are overjoyed!!!
Trampoline!?!?!?!! and I thought I'd heard it all!! Quote: Originally Posted by MyFillingQuiver but it makes it harder to hear that I could be "holding this baby in" mentally..what do you want me to do, people? I talk to him/her, am so very ready ! ditto, although I had a bit of a cry this morning, my last almost died after delivery, and suddenly I started wondering if I was holding back, especially because of the prodromal stuff. but you...
"I accept the process of this baby and this pregnancy. I accept the process of this baby and this pregnancy." I kept telling myself this as I went for my "staying active" walk this morning... yes, this may be a September baby for me too...which meses up my boy name, which is August. We managed to have sex last night too, and later in the evening I had some massive contractions, much different from the rest of the prodromal stuff I've been experiencing. Then...
congrats mama! Sounds like your neighbor practically *was* your doula! Some believe babies born in the caul to be (especially) sacred!
Wow! Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news!!!