or Connect

Posts by purpleheather79

One more thing... I will be in NC next week. I am driving (by myself) w/ my kids and dog from GA to VA. I would even be happy to meet you somewhere or something. If you're ok with that. I'm definitely crazy but I'm not an axe murderer or anything, I promise! LOL
Oh, I can totally, TOTALLY relate. My singletons are 6 and 4 and then I have 2-yo twins and 5-mo twins. I felt the same way when I found out. Panic. Anxiety. My pregnancy was miserable. I had a terrible birth. My husband left last month and won't be back until October. I'm over 600 miles from my family with no help at all. It sucks. But we have days when I am totally smitten with these little ones. Days that make the sucky days totally worth it. It's...
Congratulations! : I didn't have preemies but I have had slow gaining babies. My girls were only 16 lbs at one year and they were 7 1/2 lbs at birth. If the output looks good and they are developing normally, I don't worry. I did have to wake my girls to get them to nurse in the beginning.
I guess I'm the odd one here. I never mention the "missing" kids if they're not there. Of course I don't get to go out with just one (or even two) babies very often since DH left. But sometimes I get lucky and have a friend sit in my van with the older 4 kids and I just take the babies into the store. And people love to tell me I have my hands full and the best I can do is roll my eyes and say "You don't know the half of it." I once made the mistake of...
My little guys turned 5 months old yesterday. Err, the day before since it's after midnight I guess. Anyway, here they are: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...9/DSC_0424.jpg And here are their sisters at 2 1/2: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...9/DSC_0018.jpg
Unfortunately I can totally relate. I'm sorry!
You have to clone yourself! Nobody told you?? Seriously, if you figure it out, let me know. I don't have enough arms and there aren't enough hours in the day. I think you just do the best you can and it will work itself out.
My MZ girls did this too. Although they were both capable of walking at the same time (within days of each other) one preferred to crawl. And she did continue tocrawl for a month or two before she finally walked like her sister. Right now, the same one that refused to walk is not potty trained and her sister has been using the potty for 3 months. With my MZ boys I've got one that is starting to crawl and one that has yet to even get up on hands and knees yet. Go figure!
Congratulations!!! (Six under 6 here... it's crazy and fun at the same time!)
With your husband there you should be able to recover somewhat in those first 3 weeks. Having a c-section with newborn twins is really hard. At least it was for me. Taking care of my first set was 100 times easier than my second set simply because of the birth recovery. I would highly suggest you take any help that's offered. But if you are going to be doing it alone, know that you can. I have never had any help and I've survived (with my sanity more or less intact.)...