or Connect

Posts by mommyto3girls

Nautilus is a favorite at our house. We own 6 of them (we have 3 girls ages 7 1/2, 5, and almost 5) , my bro & sil own 2, and my parents own 2 for hauling grandkids!
7 1/2 yr old, 47 pounds, 49" Harnessed in Nautilus 5 yr. old, 42 pounds, 45" Harnessed in Nautilus almost 5 year old (5/24) 38 pounds, 42" Harnessed in Nautilus
I have had problems with my ex not using car seats and/or booster seats. My dh and I have 3 girls total, ages 7 1/2, 5, and almost 5 They all ride in Graco harnessed nautilus seats here, but EX had 4 yo dd in a backless booster at 33 pounds (he actually came to a ped check up and she told him that he had to put her back in a harness) Oldest is 7 1/2, 45 pounds and 4 foot 1 inch. He has tried over and over to take her out of the booster (since we divorced when she was...
In our case, YES Our kids are vax free, but knew my ex could be convinced to vax in a heartbeat. My current DH is a chiropractor and ExH was mad because DH signed Sage's physical paperwork for preschool (not a legal problem in our state- just saved me a trip across town) SO Ex got so mad, he wanted a clause addedd to the decree that states that Unless it is an extreme medical emergency, the children's Primary Care physician must always be Dr. So&So's Office. I agreed...
Blizzard Babe, I think I love you! Your post describes my feelings so well (including the rambling) As totally stressed out, over-stretched, time-crunched, data overloaded, and insanely crazed feeling that teaching makes me, I love it and I love my students! In fact, today I was way stressed out! (quarterly assessments we are supposed to give this week do NOT match the 2nd quarter curriculum from the district) I was trying to do a quick lesson on persuasive techniques...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobs4milk thank you for that mommyto3girls!!! your situation sounds eerily similar to ours. this weekend i had a horrific stomach bug and dh had to step up with all 4 of his kids (mine were with their dad). he realized how wearing it is to try and come up with food that his son would eat that is adequately nutritious. he finally just told w to eat it or do without because he was exhausted! he is sick today and...
So happy for you all that it went smoother than everyone thought. There will be bumps along the way and you will work through them together, you have been great at handling all the different bumps so far As for DSD's emotional reaction in the evening, I think most kids of her age, regardless of if it is the expecting of a new baby in a "necular, non-blended" family, or if that baby is on one side of the "blended" family, will go through the emotional highs and lows of...
On the whole "Assessment" push, I hate it. There is a difference between an Assessment and a Test, yet the amazing state of Ohio decided to change the name of our huge, big, this determines how your school is reported, how the teacher is viewed (no one bothers to compare if each of our students' progressed 1 year of knowledge or more, for instance, I am teaching 6th in a new school for me-same big Urban district- the 6th grade students at this school did Very well (for...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobs4milk but that is a battle i feel like i can take on because it happens in my home on my time. i am not allowed a say in anything else for my dsc, even thuogh i have gently but insistently voiced an opinion when approached by dh on a subject. i have found research for him about not only the mis and over diagnosis of adhd but also on the effects of the meds both taken regularly and misused. we talked a bit this...
Quote: Originally Posted by boobs4milk what greenemami said they weren't even in my siggy until recently. someone on here asked why i sometimes spoke of my 7 kids but only have 5 + my angel listed. i do not want to over-step my boundaries but i do so very much count them as 'my' children!!! they are a bonus to me because i did not birth them, but i get the privilege of helping shape their futures. I am glad you did not take my post the...