or Connect

Posts by nicandboys

Quote: Originally Posted by Calleiah Holy moly, Im in your area and we've seen the Ped Urologist for pretty much the same thing! We saw Dr Snodgrass at Children's in Plano (off Preston). He is VERY evidence based, doesnt believe in the prophylactic use of antibiotics or automatically doing the post birth sono (which he said was actually fairly useless) or doing the VCUG without substantial cause. Let me ask this really quick. Does your baby just have...
Quote: Originally Posted by brant31 ps - i have called a buddy of mine, an intactivist dad of an intact son in dallas, to ask whether he has any leads on pedurols and other doctors. thank you!
I need reassurance and am hoping someone has info or experience with this. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with a baby boy who has been diagnosed with kidney reflux in utero. At 20 weeks I was told it was hydronephrosis, at 30.5 I was told it was downgraded to reflux, which has a good chance of resolving itself. But baby will need to see a pediatric urologist and will probably need a procedure called a VCUG which involves inserting a catheter. Baby will not be circumcised, and...
My kids have quiet time everyday and that's how I get that alone time I greatly need. I've found that it's really good for them too- they normally play together all day and have their disagreements and wear each other out. They are totally refreshed after an hour or two of quiet time. They can listen to their CDs(audio books are great- we love Jim Weiss!), read books, play with toys, draw, take a nap, anything they want as long as it's quiet and in their own space not...
My kids like a game calledSum Swamp. They also love cuisenaire rods, pattern blocks, and the MUS blocks. I would consider wooden blocks and legos math manipulatives too. Even flash cards can be fun for some kids. My dd who is 5 1/2 and I recently made some flash cards and she loves them, she will hand the stack to her 3 yr old brother who will read the problem and say "What's 3 +5?", she will give the answer, he will look at the answer on the back and say...
Quote: Originally Posted by momtokea I also have two dd's ages 8 and 10. The girls are/were so much easier. I find my son such a challenge, academically, socially, behavior-wise, everything. He just seems so immature for a 6yo. Homeschooling him is such a challenge, and I just have trouble relating to what he needs all day. I just relate to the girls more .... reading, crafts, etc. I have trouble keeping him occupied in constructive ways and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by RoseValleyGirl A broom and mop his size would be good, a duster would be fun too. My dd loved having a squeegee. When she went to Montessori they had a thing set up to clean the plants. They were give cotton balls and a bowl of water. My dd also likes to fold napkins, and do the dishes. Sometimes I let her have a crack at the sink full of dishes before I loaded them in the dishwasher. And honestly I can't think...
Quote: Originally Posted by LilyGrace Check out the tools here - www.forsmallhands.com - and here - http://www.montessoriservices.com/store/ They're very well made, although I'm sure you can find comparable (and cheaper!) items around town. I've looked there before but it adds up there! Is it wrong to give a kid cleaning tools for his birthday? I'll probably get him a little broom, mop and duster here pretty quick from one of those...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stinkerbell I think you should just ship him here to my house. I'm going to foster this love as long as I can! My bathroom is nice and clean now, he really did a good job. He kept telling me "I am cleaning the whole house for you." He had plans to mop next but the neighbor kids came over so he went outside to play instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by mama kate Nicandboys - any directions as to how to do the bookshelves - those are sweet & still look super nice - I never would have guessed they were rain gutters! There are some more pics of raingutter shelves here: http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/oliver.html It was Jim Trelease's idea to help promote literacy but I don't think he has directions on there. It was super easy- we're not very handy people but...