or Connect

Posts by Zamber

That has to be hard. As for your DH's co-workers, shame on them.
Quote: Originally Posted by HulaJenn Kimmie - I for sure would not trust a blue dye test - especially after the time limit. Here is a good thread on how evil they are! LOL http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1206310 It is worth the extra $$$ for the security in the results to get a pink dye test. Good luck! Oh no, does anyone know for sure if the tests from anotherblessing.com are blue or pink dye? I *just* ordered some from there...
I would say the fence qualifies as a definate need to keep the kids and animals safe inside your yard (training children and pets to stay within the property lines doesn't work in all situations...it depends on the individual children/pets). As for furniture, eh, not so much of a need (eight yrs doesn't seem that old to me at all. However, if it is due to needing the larger bed due to co-sleeping, then go for it, but take you time searching for a good deal). I would not...
Ok, the buttered beans were gross. Oh well, live and learn. DH is a soda/sugar addict, so I made him some sweet tea, and he loved it. Much cheaper than soda. Going to make him some more when I wake up because he is already out. I had a loaf of old french bread that was hard on the outside, but soft in the very center. So, I chopped up the hardish areas into cubes, separated the soft parts of the bread, and left a hollowed out end piece. The result? I am now...
Quote: Originally Posted by dancebaraka Look Ma, I made a recipe! AWESOME! (and thanks) My Grandma rarely ever used recipes, which was fun when others would ask for the recipe of such-and-such dish because she was such a good cook. I'm glad you liked the soup Hey Mama!
I've been hitting up the hillbilly housewife site for cheap meal ideas to try. I made the creamed tuna and peas with elbow noodles since I know DH likes tuna. At first he was reluctant to try any (because he is really picky about his food, and has only liked tuna in sandwiches). However, after giving it a try, he ate 2 bowls in one sitting because he loved it so much! The bonus was I had most of the ingrediants on hand - I just needed to pick up a can of tuna and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ltlmrs Hi, Zamber! I hope that things go well for you in September! Please keep us updated on how the envelope system works out for you, I wish we could switch to cash/envelopes but I buy most of our stuff and pay bills online and have to use checks for paying the farmers for the milk/eggs/meat shares so envelopes are just not practical for us. I did actually open up a couple more checking accounts though with our bank and...
Yesterday was veggie burgers, leftover soup, and pasta with tomato sauce. Today I had a veggie burger, then the plan is to have the leftover pasta the rest of the day. Snacks have been the free popcorn I get while at the movie theater I work at (though i get sick of eating it everyday, it's better than nothing). I plan on also whipping up another batch of cornbread. Tomorrow I can go grocery shopping to fill those cabinets with some much needed food.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amys1st Recipe? Sure! This is the recipe I use. You could use a homemade sauce (so many sauce recipes to choose from out there), but I keep it simple and use manwich. I also add some brown sugar (I eyeball it - about a half a cup?), and use a little less water (you might still have to drain off the excess water before adding sauce). Crock Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes: (source:...
Quote: Originally Posted by sanguine_speed I wouldn't lie. I'd tell the truth, book ahead, and pay. Or, buy my own makeup at the drugstore and do it myself with lessons from the Internet, or help from a friend. I vote for cheap drugstore makeup and internet tutorials (there is a makeup store here that folks have gotten makeup done for free, but many end up coming out looking like clowns! ). People I love to watch on youtube and have learned...