or Connect

Posts by SillyTreeFairy

Thanks. Your suggestions were helpful. One of the reasons I called the parents b/c I didn't know what happend. The first thing I did was ask them to ask their ds what happend, and we progressed from there. The problem was I did ask my dss what exactly happend and tried to get a response, but it wasn't until the other child apologized that my dss admited to responding to the other kid's hurtful words with other hurtful words. I don't know if he would have told me about the...
First, I want to say that I really don't want to stir up trouble or create any. However, this is really been on my mind and heart for days. I accidentally created one of the carseat/bf threads when I went to reply to the original. Whoops. Anyway, both threads got locked b/c it had become quite heated. While I appreciate MDC's wanting to protect people's feelings, etc., one thing about both threads really bothered me. I know and appreciate that MDC doesn't want to...
Good luck!!! You are very sweet to want this so much for your family. It is hard, but things have a way of working out.
I've been thinking about this since I read this thread yesterday. There is no way it is appropriate for you MIL to have your dc wipe her. However, my dss is 5 and has been potty trained since about 2 and 1/2. Yet, he still isn't comfortable wiping himself all the time. We've been seriously working on this for the last year and a half but he just seems (this is gross and I'm sorry) to smear stuff all over his bum. Since my dss is the one that keeps asking for help, I don't...
I'll try to make this short, but there a background story that goes with my question. I've been a big part of my dss life since he was a baby so my dh sees me as his parental equal. Anyway, we had my dss over at one of his closest friend's house b/c it was his little sister's 1st birthday. Since the timing of birthdays are usually weird for nap times they both didn't get a nap. My dss had just turned 5 and his friend is about 4 and 1/2. When we got home, my dss...
Oh, and we usually had a min. of 1 night every two weeks where we would either watch a movie as a family or play a game. My dh thought he was competitive, but when he played Trivia Pursuit w/ my family, he was amazed how a family who played often together would an extremely competitive yet somehow supportive game. Most likely since you are someone who stopped to think about this, your family will have lots of meaniful rituals w/out you having to completely plan or craft...
My family had tons of rituals when I was growing up. A lot of them were faith based, but many of them were just making the every day memoriable. I.E. we ate almost every night as a family. Since I was 1 of 4 kids, these meals were very high energy. We ate breakfast together as well. My dad tucked us in until we were in middle school. This was special since Mom would have us all day. He would do things like run and jump onto the beds, sometimes intentionally missing to give...
Julie, This is a very difficult situation for you to be in. Give yourself a bit of a break and know that you are doing the best you can. While you may feel bad that you didn't address the issue with him right away, my bet is that you've "addressed" so many issues with him that you didn't feel he was ready to hear any more. At some pt. you need to sit down with him and discuss just how important this all is to you. Does he even have a clue that you are thinking about...
O my, I would find that exceedingly annoying, and this is especially hypocritical of me, b/c as a small child, I was literally scared of my own shadow. My parents were very helpful b/c they explained what shadows were and read me books about shadows etc. This helped me get over it, but there were months were I'd sit in a room screaming and had to be held b/c I didn't want my shadow to touch me or to be alone with my shadow. My poor parents were so frustrated and needlessly...
Dharmamama, I must still disagree with you. While lots of things that aren't necessary are still ok and perfectly acceptable, I cannot agree that this occassion was. When I said that there is no need for it in this country, I think you missed my entire pt., which is as follows: In our country, there is a climate that if you allow this kind of thing to occur you are neglecting your children. The truth is that allowing to small children lay in urine is neglect. This being...