or Connect

Posts by JessJoy

I read this entire freakin thread and here's what I have to add... It seems to me that rather than talk about "time" as being a reference to when to wean, we should be talking about "body developments"...(personally, I plan on child led weaning...but defectgirl is claiming that her baby self weaned at 14 months) Gale Force has posted some interesting tidbits about babies not being able to convert certain non breast milk elements into nutrients that they need. I agree...
My DD is almost 1 and she still has never been babysat for long. She's just not the type of kid that is comfortable with it and and I honor that. Before I had her, I had alot of illusions about being able to take her anywhere in my sling or that my sister would be able to babtsit occasionally. Yeah right! DD will only nurse to sleep. I don't fight it and I don't feel it's a problem. If you're feeling pressured, just say that you don't have a poblem with your baby wanting...
It's the grades that are total BS. With Bush's No Child Left Bhind act, the public schools are now all forced to be accountable via regular standardized tests. Before I had my baby, I worked in the worst schools in VA as a project Coordinator for a tutoring company. I saw first hand EVERYDAY how much pressure was put on the teachers to pass the kids, regardless of performance. Though I hate standardized tests, they generally aren't a problem to kids with good...
you are such an inspiration!! I have always fantasized about doing a tri athlon, but with a 50 lb post partum weight gaion, I'm usually having a pity party! Jess
IT sounds like she's not getting enough milk because her latch is not correct; therefore, she's constantly nursing and upset. Bad latches are painful for mum, too. Find a good lactation consultant! The one in my area is $40.00/hour, but she has a scale that measures exactly how much milk the baby ingests while nursing. It's nice to know instead of guess. Jess
Do a search in the tribe forum for "sensitive" kids. I had never heard of it until I stumbled upon the thread...wish I could rememeber which forum. ANyhoo, it was a support thread for parents of "sensitive" kids. THese are people who are bothered by certain textures, tastes, anything that seems normal to most people. Sounds like that might be the issue.
We got our lil' potty a week ago. Kay (10 mos) will only go standing up in the bathtub! She knows what this potty is for, but she resists it and hates sitting on it. She didn't like the potty seat either, which we tried at my grandma's. She jjust learned to walk, so I don't know if that's the deal. She actually kicks it, picks it up and throws it, carries it around, occasionally sits on it, but never pees in it! Taking her upstairs to the tub is getting old! Kudos to you...
Bobbi's Hummus is THE BEST HUMMUS in the world and it doesn't have any tahini in it. You can get it in any natural food store. I tried recreating it and didn't even come close! It's practically $5.00, but it's so worth it!
It happened to us, too! Best as we can figure, it happened after dh got his passport stolen in Italy. 3 months later we get a bill in the mail from dh's old student loan company for $30,000.00!!!!! We challenged it, submitted proof of signiture which didn't match the loan app. Luckily, we got off the charge after a harrowing year of torture and getting the runaround. We finally were sent a golden form from the loan company stating that we were absolved of...
Welcome to the raw food lifestyle!! I was raw for 2.5 years til I got preggers. I lost 50 pounds in 7 months. I really wish I'd never gone off of it. It's a battle now, to get back on the raw, but I will do it. The health improvements are magical!! Jess