or Connect

Posts by mom22girls

No, luckily it has been ruled out.  I thought the eval would make a difference but nope.  Some days there isn't "accident" amount, just sloppy/unmotivated wiping.      
The negative consequences are usually based on her being unmotivated to take care of herself properly when she has the urge.  She will try and hold in her poop, not successfully, during her TV hour.  I've told her she can have an extra five minutes at the end, if she needs to use the toilet, but if she doesn't just go when she needs to (and stains her undies) then no TV hour the next day.  I've explained all about encopresis and how if she keeps withholding she could end...
My 7 year old either has both bad wiping skills (or rather doesn't take the time to do it) and sometimes has near-miss poop accidents.  Sometimes this happens at school and I am terrified the other kids will get a whiff of her and she'll get a nickname or get teased.  I've given her panty shields to help with the "but we were out at the playground" problem and also individually packaged wet toilet wipes.  Neither of these have helped significantly.  I'm throwing out...
The last straw for me was teeny tiny little water "chips" for a tiny dog bowl.    Now we buy these Plus Plus blocks made in Denmark (we're in Sweden, but this site has all languages)  http://www.eurotoys.dk/site/Plus_Plus.asp?site=1089  They are amazingly addictive!!!    
Variety is the spice of life, there's a time for arts & crafts, time for reading, time for studying, time to be bored and time for video games.  I use a timer as it is impartial.  No video games after dinner as the kids have a hard time settling down to sleep after video games.     Also, just a note, my daughter was in the hospital for a month when she was 7,  we found that when she played  her DS (fashion game) for longer than 1/2 hour, her fever would go up.  Very...
Thinking of moving back to Dublin from Sweden.  I love the ED system here in Sweden - as it lets kids be kids.  Wondering if there are any "less traditional" types of schools in Dublin. I have 4, 7 and 9 year old.  Don't want to go all the way Waldorf, but would take that over the Sisters of the Sacred Heart type of school.  Have no problem with Catholic education as long as it's child-focused.   Thanks for any help in advance!     -Heather
Just wanted to let you know I went through this with my almost 7 yo daughter up until really recently (and we still have the occasional major skid mark).  She had none of the other symptoms, so I think you need to go with your gut on whether or not it is a food issue.  My dd's came in phases, she'd have no accidents for awhile, and then a couple weeks where it was terrible!  Usually, paying more attention to her helped (she is a middle child) but I don't think it was the...
I sing, "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this mama said..."
I'm with the you can call her something else as long as she's okay with it camp. My one daughter has the name Mary, but we've always called her Molly - which is a diminutive of Mary, but really seems like it has nothing to do with it. My other daughter has a name that is acceptable in the US, but where we're living now, it sounds (not spelled like) the word for "girl" so on the playground, people may think I have an unnamed daughter. Each of my girls has an animal...
I think I'd approach it differently even though you're already probably so tired you could cry. Try "time in" instead. With my highly sensitive child - I would look for tiny opportunities to be only with her. For instance, when you are finished nursing the baby, call out, "where's my big girl??" Then put the baby down and snuggle with your big girl. It doesn't have to be for long, let her know you're going to "steal a secret minute" to be just the two of you. If...