or Connect

Posts by kamalani

Quote: My son is 13 and intact. I have absolutely nothing to report. It's never been an issue. So I guess it's a case of "no news is good news." Me too!
I'm in the library reading this, and I laughed out loud at the end. It sure does put it into perspective! What's an F or two when you look at it that way?
Quote: I have seen some seriously messed up kids turn out to be mighty cool adults....so there is always hope There is hope, Sunny. I agree with the other posters. Take care of yourself and your baby, but at the same time, please check with your stepson's school and get names and numbers that you can call for help. Keep calling until you find someone who can help you. Take it just one step at a time. There is help out there, and you can find...
Yesterday I did take her to lunch and shopping. We try to get together every week on a day when her classes are over early and I don't have to work. It's good to get together, even though it's for a very short time. I'm adjusting to the new arrangement, but I still feel sad.
Reading your posts brought tears to my eyes. Thanks again for your support and insight. I've been keeping very busy so as to not be a bother to dd, dh, ds, and my own mom... But... Today I realized that the job I've been throwing myself into is not only low-paying, but it's the same job I used to do when I was 18. (I won't even say how many years ago that was.) Yet I felt an obligation to do it because they need someone to do it... However, just keeping busy isn't...
Thanks, everybody. I appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement. My dd doesn't have to pay a cent to call me, and she can talk as long as she likes. We have cell phones with a family plan. No charge between our phones, ever. I do call her, but I keep it to a minimum since she gets annoyed when I "bother her." She's busy with classes and work, you're right, and I respect that. I do work with children in the community 4 days a week, plus I have dh and our...
I came here today to whine about how sad and lonely I feel since my DD (18) just went off to college. I'm happy that she's finally out of high school, and is beginning her life on her own, but after all these years, I miss her terribly. It's always harder to be the one left behind. I sit in her empty room, looking at her stuffed animals, her empty bed, and the tears well up. I remember how clingy she was, and how she always needed to be with mama. Now she's gone....
Actually, I think we're all on a roller coaster of emotions, the whole family. We used to be so close, but now everyone is running off in different directions to sports events, work, with friends. We rarely spend time together doing anything except eating, and then we can't even agree on the menu, or even the eating time! This is a time when separation is something we need to be working on... but it's sad, though. She'll be going to college fairly close by, and may be...
Just curious... This has been such a stressful time for us.. first there were finals, then preparations and practices for the graduation, then the actual ceremony followed by the project graduation all-night party. Now there is a feeling of sadness and loss, even panic, since friends will be going away to college soon, and life will never be the same. Is there anyone else out there who is experiencing the emotional rollercoaster, or even something vaguely similar?
Regarding the sister who has no friends and was disowned because she was such a bitch... I guess she thinks that her "honesty" is a virtue, when others view it as hostility. What I wonder is, do other people tell her why they are offended by her comments, and why they disowned her, or do they just silently avoid her, make excuses, etc? The reason I ask is that I have lost friends in the past due to my bouts with unwanted "honesty." (I used to be a lot less tactful...