or Connect

Posts by litlwons

I want to sub… I have not been really good about my practice, but about 3 weeks ago I hurt myself so badly…I could not lift my left leg without a great deal of pain…too much pain. I have started to go to a chiro and am trying to get back on the mat. I love hooping but as with everything else, it has fallen to the side of my busy full life. I need something else…I seem to be searching and I believe going back to the mat, may show me the way, it is just getting there. I...
Hi I belong here right now, even though I have been a member of a Unitarian Universalist Fellowship for the last 10 years and have been their Director of Religious Exploration there for a little over a year….. I am a wanderer because I believe that is really what we are meant to be. I don't believe that spirituality is a static thing and I don't believe that any of the great teachers (Jesus, Buddha etc) ever really wanted us to stay in a non-fluid state of being. I joined...
Thanks…this helps. I do agree that the hormone gig is taking a HUGE toll this year on my DS's focus as well as social concerns…what a jumbled time in their life. It is hard when other family members comment on how he "should be doing better", he is so smart. It is only 8th grade…I really like the idea of taking a tour of the high school…we have that opportunity next month. I do know that the nagging takes a toll on our relationship…yuck. I just hope we get over this hump...
I really need some advice….   I have a bright son…who just has no desire to excel in school at all. He is in 8th grade and he is having a VERY hard time focussing and getting on with the work at hand. He goes to an alternative school, that does things in an "out of the box" kind of way…there are only 45 kids for the 6th, 7th and 8th grade. He lets work pile up, putting it off to the last minute.   He is bright, he loves to have intellectual conversations, he is...
 My son's permanent back molar is looking pretty bad. When it first came peeking over the gum line 2 years ago or so, I knew there was a problem. Our wonderful pediatric dentist has been "babying" it and trying to save it, but the last x-ray shows that a root canal is in order... This is really bumming me out! I know root canals are best to be avoided and I have had some people tell me to just jump to an implant. Anyone out there had to have root canals at this young...
Thank you everyone for your posts, they are great for me to read. We are still in flux over here, trying to figure out what "is best for our WHOLE family" raising teens is such a "dance" and we are in high gear here. Screen time is our biggest battle though and I would just get rid of it all together some days.   Thank you! Kathleen (the original poster!)
I have two sons, one is weeks away from turning 13 and the other is 7 years.  How much screen time does your youth have? I have always been really torn about this and sadly have created the culture in our house that rules are made to be changed. Screen time right now is one hour for school nights (5 days a week) and 3 hours for the other two days. The only time this changes is on nights where I have to leave for a meeting at work and need to be gone longer than one...
I have just started doing precisely this for a side business. I don't sell myself as a organizer, more heavy on the decluttering side. I really love it! It actually feeds my soul to help people clear out and make space in their homes. Although not a hoarder myself, I did have waaaaaay too much stuff at one time and ALL of it came into my life with good intention. I love the way my home feels now with the room to breathe, my life is differant and I want to offer this to...
I just found the book you are recomending/reading and ordered it! Looking forward to getting it in the mail! :) Kathleen
I have had this for as long as I can remember..... even before my cycle began 30 years ago. It dosn't happen every month either, but when it does, IT HURTS SOOOOOO BADLY. The only way I can get the pain to go away so I can sleep is with Advil (or the like).... I think calcium is a pretty good bet. that would make sence as to why I had them b4 my cycle ever began. Staying hydrated always helps me as well...... Kathleen