or Connect

Posts by momma2girls

New to this DDC, my edd is Jan 6
We aren't given a choice this year at my hospital. We HAVE to get the flu shot, the only exemptions are medical and religious. If you claim religious they want 'literature, and a letter from your religious leader'. I would much rather still have a choice over wearing a mask or the shot than being forced into involuntary vaccination. The policies the hospitals are coming up with re: the flu shot are getting insane.
Well she arrived this morning at 606! Calliope Felice Daryn weighed 9 lbs and is 21 inches long! It was a much faster labor than I expected. I will post a birth story later!
I haven't decided yet. I lost my plug around 10 tonight and I have been up now for about an hour with contractions right around 4 minutes apart. The contractions I have been having at night haven't made me get out of bed to get more comfortable but these have me up and moving around... and stopping what I am doing... Well until I decide what is going on I am going to fold the last of the laundry
Ah hell if I am still pregnant Friday morning I am saying screw the birthcenter and going to the hospital to be induced! Not really but it sounds good! Really I told baby that she had to wait until Monday before she came out b/c 1. I wanted to get paid for a full weekend of work 2. I want to get some final pregnancy pics of me and my girls. After I get those pictures baby can come out anytime! And Tuesday is the full moon!
I am 'due' today fwiw. I would be fine if I didn't have to work I think. But work sucks right now I just want to be comfortable at home. I only work 3 days a week but I have been so uncomfortable this weekend! The chairs here suck and my back is just killing me! Hopefully I won't be back for another weekend I would be fine being pregnant into April a little I just don't want to go into work! I have been having a lot of contractions and cervical pressure tonight and...
I have no plans to start dating anyone anytime soon. I got divorced in 2008 and had a on/off relationship for a short while after that and then reconnected with an old high school boyfriend this last summer who left me alone and pregnant. So, I am pretty much done with men for the moment. I really feel I need to focus on my babies and myself as that is what is really important. I would like someone to go out with occasionally but not someone to date. I am so not ready for...
I'm getting this stuff all the time! I'm not even due yet! I have like at least 2 weeks left! 'You're still here!?!?!?!?' "Don't go into labor here I don't want to catch!' Don't worry dude you are not going anywhere near my vagina or my baby! My birthcenter is 2 maybe 3 blocks away from the hospital I work at and everyone is all wierd "I'll just shove you in a wheelchair and take you upstairs!" Um no you won't I would rather drive or walk myself over to the birthcenter...
I have finally started nesting. Mostly b/c a friend came over this week and cleaned my house and is coming over next week to do more. I don't have a choice she says she is coming whether I like it or not. So I have been trying to get some things done, cleaning and organizing the playroom, washing baby clothes, keeping up on the kids laundry, cleaning the basement, going through children's clothes we don't need etc... I am so sore and achy, I really don't want to do...
With my first pregnancy I REALLY wanted a boy, and was quite disappointed when I found out I was getting a girl, it took awhile to get use to the fact that I was going to have a girl. With my next two pregnancies I didn't want a boy and was actually scared to have a boy for several reasons. Thankfully they were girls. With this pregnancy I had seen a little boy for *months* he sat on my shoulder and I kept telling him to wait until the time was right for me. When I got...