or Connect

Posts by xmasbaby7

Just wondering two things. Did you or your baby have any negative outcomes from your last birth that became unassisted?   What did your midwife think of the black cohosh?   Are you comfortable with the natural induction not working and being stuck at the hospital for an unknown amount of time?   I am not sure why you would not want to just head to the hospital, even with the kids if you have to, and have your mom meet you there to save time. If you deliver on...
Licensure must come before reimbursement. Activists have been working on this for more than a decade. MA is a tough state because the the heft of the physicians' lobby.   Wish I had a cheerier answer for you!
All correct but one thing. Whether or not CNMs can attend home births depends on their statutes state by state. In NY, for example, CNMs do many of the homebirths, but CNMs would lose their license if they caught babies at home in MA.   The NARM exam is the certifying exam that offers CPMs their credential.   It is essential that a federal mandate enforce that medicaid reimburse CPMs in all states. Once medicaid does, private insurance follows assuming licensure is in...
Try guided meditations first, learn how to scan your body in a meditation, and then you can easily slip quick ones into every day situations at the playground, while nursing, or lying with kids until they fall asleep.   It becomes less boring than you think, but the first few times are hard, I know!  
meditation. download some on itunes. consider reading the Power of Now. I have found my own anxiety issues so manageable.   good luck to you!
Yesterday and today, I have had these little tiny pokes in my uterus for a quick second and then they stop. I am about 10 weeks now. Like I have butterflies inside my uterus.   I felt my daughter at 15 weeks with a much more obvious kick. I know what gas feels like, and this is too subtle for gas.   Anyone else or am I crazy?   I'm one of those women who feels ovulating. I feel lots going on inside me, if that makes me sound less crazy.  : )
I never have a hard time with breakfast, like last time either, I crave eggs, sometimes with cheese, and toast and eat that every day, and then I have a 2nd breakfast that is either yogurt and fruit or oatmeal or cereal.   Lunch time is my weird time. I only want grilled cheese, or pizza, or something super simple. (So not the way I usually eat).   Dinner is either a soup, today I made turkey/beef 3 bean chili with every veggie known to man chopped up in it or...
I am so sorry for this stress. The only thing I would think about since this is for the court is not to put the issues of vaccines on trial. There is simply too much at stake and uphill to try and incriminate vaccines.   I would focus instead on your effective role as medical decision maker, yielding that even though your decisions are not mainstream, your son's health is outstanding. Promote his lack of chronic illness, autoimmune issues, vibrant immune system. Get...
The questions for her should be around her backup, since I know some midwives who are equally invested in their speaking as their practice, but that means that they don't catch all their babies. Just make sure you meet and like her team since there is a slightly higher chance you might not get her if she is traveling.   Luckily, there are no major midwifery conferences in August that I can think of, but DONA is right when many of us will be having babies, the first week...
I never took prenatals last pregnancy. I started taking them this time in July and had been a regular taker for some 4 months, and then I got my blood work back form my physical and my b12 was tested. It was low, and yet the prenatal I take has a 315% RDA in it.   Then I started eating B12 sources and noticed feeling better.   I just can't believe that vitamins work. I wish they did. I now take a floradix liquid every few days, as I hope that I might absorb...