or Connect

Posts by joyful_mamma

Took me awhile to get here & post this, but here's the official announcement He's finally here! Zennan Alexander Perkins Born August 12, 2002 via c-section @ 12:27 pm Weighed 10 lbs even (!!!) 22 inches long Sweet, healthy, happy, and completely gorgeous
when dd was little, the 3 songs she always requested i sing at bedtime were sarah mclachlan's 'ice cream', u2's 'mlk' and 'somewhere over the rainbow'.. who knows what ds will like when he comes out, but in utero he seems to love it when i sing tori amos and ani difranco (he went to 'see' her with us when i was about 5 months along..he rocked and swayed the whole time ) so, maybe he'll grow up to be a good feminist!
I agree that this is beautifully written and full of wonderful points to ponder. What you say about following our own paths and not letting what others think reminds me of a quote from "Women Who Run With the Wolves" that always resonates within me: "to be ourselves causes us to be exiled by many others, and yet to comply with what others want causes us to be exiled from ourselves" Thank you so much for posting this. It inspires me to want to sit down and work out...
Lol, ok *whew!* that makes more sense! I was thinking, gee if you actually have 12 kids, that's one resiliant uterus you must have!!
Ok, this is completely T but I just have to know! Glh said: Quote: Originally posted by glh My middle child, ds6 is a very spirited child. Does 'ds6' mean that your son is the sixth child and since his the middle child, does that mean you have TWELVE????
I can third what TreeLove said. I too was far ahead of my classmates in reading, and was always frustrated by the fact that I couldn't go at my own pace. This is in part why we recently made the decision to homeschool our daughter. She is also ahead of most of her classmates in reading, but yet a little behind in math. I find it very frustrating that she's not allowed to do anything at her own pace, but is rather forced to learn whatever has been deemed appropriate for...
My partner and I made the decision together, and it was a very easy one to make. He's not circumsiced, and I couldn't imagine letting someone do such a thing to my little baby, so we quickly and effortlessly agreed-absolutely no circumcision for our boy!
Oh, count me in, too! My dd is 9, very headstrong, outspoken, and perserverant. (She is the ultimate Aries...) It's an absolute miracle that I haven't gone completely grey by now: I pretty much knew from day 1 that she was going to be a little handful. In utero she kicked me like mad, almost as if she was saying 'Let me out of here so I can take over the world!!' then as a baby whenenver she cried, I swear people 2 miles away could hear her. Then she progressed into...
My situation is a bit different, but this is still an issue I can relate to quite well. I was born when my parents were still relatively young (father 22, mother 21) and my mom was in no way prepared to be a parent. They already had a very rocky relationship, and my addition didn't make anything any easier and when I was a year old they divorced. I lived with my mother for about 6 months afterwards, but it was decided, due to the fact that she had a serious drug and...
Reading all of these stories are making me so excited about my new prospects! I'm @30 wks right now, and all along I've been planning a fairly traditional hospital birth with a MW. However, a friend recently told me that at another hospital very near by, there is a MW clinic that operates a birthing center. They also have tubs for waterbirth in EVERY room! Well, I knew I just had to find out more, so I gave them a call and explained my situation. Turns out, it's...