or Connect

Posts by jakesmama

So far, so good!! DP ordered a new phone for me to use until I can buy the phone I really want. That will be here next week. It's so hard to be without a phone!   Today will be a big grocery shopping day (it's like Old Mother Hubbard in our house!).   I can't wait to send in my taxes! Come on, IRS, open up!!   ETA today's spending!   1st - $10 gas, 2nd - $33 Turbo Tax, $40 credit card pymt, $1200 mortgage pymt 3rd - 45.47 gas, $15 Starbucks card, 12.21...
I'm tired and probably missing something really obvious but how do we get our tracking stuff to carry forward into a new post? I tried copy and paste but that didn't work at all. Thanks!
a. Who you are Jessica, mama to 3 littles (11yo DS, 6yo DD and 1yo (on the 3rd!) DD) and partner in life to one great guy. I woh part time as an educational consultant and run a small, parenting business online as well.   b. Where you are going (your financial goals) I've vowed to start budgeting our money better because I want to be a good steward of what we have (even if it is small right now). I'm planning to pay off my consumer debts (my car + credit cards) this...
   Yes, Mint.com is a website that will connect your accounts and update with all of your transactions. I go in daily to make sure that each transaction is labeled correctly for the budget line item. The only issues I have with it are when I get refunded for something or when I have to refund someone else (like through paypal) - it doesn't track the income and loss quite right (hard to explain). I just hide these transactions from my budget so that they don't mess with...
Hi! I only started using it this month but it seems pretty user-friendly. Designing a budget is a little tedious - but not as tedious as doing one on paper! I go in once a day to monitor transactions and label things if they need labeling. I like that you can designate different goals. I will be doing a custom goal for the EF once I get spending under control.
Just started following a budget for the 1st time in a long time! Right now I'm pre-baby step 1 - just trying to get bills current and credit cards tamed (like paying them on time and not getting sent to collections). Using Mint to track what I'm spending.
I've always loved pantry challenges but, man, my pantry must be sad compared to everyone else's! There is no way I could skip shopping for a week to just eat what was stockpiled - because nothing is! Well, we have 5 boxes of Jiffy cornbread and something like 20 boxes of powered sugar (don't ask - I can't do simple math apparently) but I always have to buy pasta and canned goods every week.   Still, I've managed to cut down what I'm buying by pairing it with the paltry...
Eden just turned 2 months yesterday - how time flies! I've been down the past week with what turned out to be strep and a sinus infection. And I have to go back to work tomorrow. And my supply has tanked with this illness. Grrr.   Eden's so sweet and wonderful that - besides the recent events - I have little to complain about.   It's fin to hear how others are doing!
Wonderful story! So powerful, mama! Congratulations :)