or Connect

Posts by mbravebird

I don't have the source on hand right now, but I remember from my research that supplemental melatonin may shrink the pineal gland, which then inhibits natural production of melatonin. That's my memory.
Here's the post that details how to do a proper squat. http://www.alignedandwell.com/?p=1310&option=com_wordpress&Itemid=223 It's not  like the normal ones; you sort of have to retrain your body, because most of us have our tails tucked when we squat (that's part of the reason why we pee when we sneeze, because our tailbones are perpetually tucked!).   If you look at a toddler or a baby squat, or at folks in developing countries who have squatted all their lives,...
Even if the post advocates a certain doctor, I don't think it's fair to dismiss it as an advertisement.  Fecal transplants are an option that more folks should know about. They're done by more folks than just the above mentioned doctor, and they have a really high success rate. I think the more sharing the better regardless of whether specific names are mentioned or not!   And they've been successful for more than just C Diff, but also for all different kinds of...
Can anyone from this thread send me an invite? I have requested one but I hear it takes a while...
Have you tried olive leaf extract? It doesn't kill beneficials, but it does kill yeast. It was the only thing that kicked my toddler's thrush and also helped restore intestinal normalcy for him -- and we tried so many other things.   I second the S. boulardii recommendation. That, too, was a key part of my son's return to intestinal normalcy. You can get a bottle of just S. Boulardii and add it in addition to your other probiotic.   Also, have you tried Dr....
There are plenty of studies discussing it on pubmed, but I can't tell you exactly which one our hematologist was referring to. The reason I think it's worth asking about is because some of the risks can be mitigated -- for example, if I remember correctly there was NO incidence of DVT before a certain time period (1 year? 2 years? I don't remember), and then very high incidence after that point. Again, this is in the hemophilia community, so incidence may be different in...
How long would you have the port? There was a recent (2007) study that showed that 60% of people with long-term ports developed Deep Vein Thrombosis. Blood clots are very dangerous, and the side-effects of the blood thinners used to treat them are not pleasant either.   Not many regular docs know about the study, because it was done in the hematology community, where people more often have long-term ports. So if you are planning on having the port long-term, make...
My goodness, how awful! I've never heard of anything like that. The only thing I thought of was digestive enzymes. Have you tried that? Enzymedica is a good, potent brand and their site answers many questions. Is he on probiotics?   At the very least, enzymes and probiotics might slow some of the deterioration you're seeing in his digestive system. At most, it might actually help tremendously.   I hope you find answers soon. What professionals have you taken him...
Oh, and I'll add that for clearing mild infections, we have used Olive Leaf Extract with great success in our house.
Have you looked up bacterial pneumonia? It is usually accompanied by a high fever. Do you have a high fever?   Viral pneumonia is usually accompanied by a lower fever. Viral pneumonia does not respond to antibiotics, and usually clears on its own.   Do you have any fever at all, or just the cough? If it's just the cough, it's possible it could be walking pneumonia -- which is caused by bacteria, but is NOT as severe as traditional bacterial pneumonia. Antibiotics...