or Connect

Posts by Jbugz

There's a sticky that tells what they all are in the forum " Questions and Suggestions" I'd just post a link here for you , but I can't figure out how
I've always used slightly warmed olive oil for minor earaches as my first course of action. If that doesn't help, then I have it checked...but 8 times out of 10, it does the job in a flash. My mom always did that with us too. Just warm a tiny bit in a cup and dip a qtip into it and just let a few small drops fall off the qtip into the ear. Then put a part of a cotton ball just slightly in the ear and have them lay on the other ear for a bit. Can't hurt to try that...
Quote: Originally Posted by LunaMom I am very much against the "mini-teenager" trend I see in children's clothing, BUT I have no probelm with two-piece bathing suits on little girls, as long as the suits aren't imitations of sexy adult bikinis. A cute little two-piece with a ruffly skirted bottom and halter top, maybe with little strawberries all over it? Adorable! A metallic, leopard-print string bikini? Nope!!! Exactly how I feel. My...
I'm in the opposite situation, but I'm sure we have similar issues regardless. I'm the one with the bio kids and DH was thrown into a ready made family and BOY have we had the issues. I really wish we'd had a place like this to talk to others in the very beginning. We probably wouldn't have made all the mistakes we did...such as him trying to be a disciplinarian before becoming loved...bad move Glad ya found this section. I know I was really stoked to find it here...
I think I responded in that thread too, but I'll say it again here. I'd always heard that child support would continue as long as a child was in school. But paying for college is not a given. They assume that once the "chiild" reaches 18 (or 19), either they will be done with school and get a job and then CS won't be necessary, or they'll go to college and the money that was formly considered child support is now basically considered school support, so they don't have to...
ok..I just did a search to try and find the brand of "milky stuff" I was talking about It's called Pediasure and it comes in 5 flavors. Vanilla (Regular and with Fiber), Strawberry, Chocolate, Banana Cream, and Orange Cream. I don't think it has any milk in it...but not positive.
If he likes frozen blueberries maybe he'll also like other frozen fruits??? My kids love frozen grapes. I wet them a lil and roll them in just a little bit of sugar and freeze them. They don't taste nearly as good without the sugar. Something about freezing them makes them less sweet. But they luv em that way. If he likes peanut butter (we buy the natural kind, not Jif or any of that crap) you can try making peanut butter boats. We smear PB on celery stalks or...
I was born and raised in Florida and have never heard of not opening gifts at the party. It's part of the whole event for the kids IMO. But I can see the point in NOT doing it if you might have a less than gracious youngun'
I don't know what the exact deal is with splitting the cost of college either but I AM pretty sure that as long as your son is in school (including college) the ex would have to continue child support past age 18. The limit might be 21 as long as they're still in school. I found a law message board with a custody sub board if you wanna ask any questions there. It looks like an actual lawyer answers the posts. Here's a link just in case you're...
oh...and as a last resort...or intermediate till you can get him back to eating again. Maybe you could go out and get one of those kid shaky drinks. I don't know any name brands, but I've seen the adds. They're like milky looking drinks for kids that have vitamins and minerals?? Maybe make him a milkshake substituting that for the milk part or just freeze it and let him eat it telling him it's a vanilla slushy (or whatever flavor they come in) ?