or Connect

Posts by jen6

Hi- I am on the fly, typing quick, so hopefully this makes sense. I agree that this is a very individual decision, there is no right or wrong. I also agree that the goal is to have a non-traumatic birth, which is going to be defined in very personal ways for you given your prior birth experience. Having had a very medically interfered with, traumatic 1st birth, and an attempt at a VBAC that ended in a uterine rupture and a 2nd emergency c-section, if I had it to do...
I think it is very normal, but by no means easy, what you are experiencing. Both my birth experiences were traumatic, and I do go through conflicted feelings around both birthdays each year. e.g., Anxiety, guilt for having negative feelings about the births, etc. It does get better. Therapy has, and does, help, as well as, being able to acknowledge with my partner what those days were like for me. I think that it helps to have space to feel the complexity of the...
Hi Ms. B. Sprout- I sympathize with what you are feeling and am trying to break my own self-imposed silence. I disappeared from the board after my VBAC to a large degree because rightly or wrongly I felt like I would be judged and also because my story is kind of scary. Some quick thoughts on the fly.........Having "failed" at my VBAC, and I am saying that tongue and cheek, I still struggle with the feelings that come up 4 years later. I guess the best analogy I...
Hello Everyone- Not sure I am in the right place, but I'm jumpin' in with both feet. If this is too far afield, I would welcome some thoughts on where best to take my questions. I am currently at home with two kids-4 and 9- and looking to start writing, primarily for myself at first, but with an eye down the road to trying to perhaps actually get paid for my efforts. I have written both fiction and creative non-fiction in the past, but am woefully out of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mellowyellowmama Why do you say this? Why would it be harder to VBAC? Wouldn't it be the same as having your first baby. Plus, there is no sure way to know exactly how big the baby is. I am sort of hesitant to weigh in, because I do feel like each VBAC experience is unique, and I don't want to scare anyone. You are right, there is no sure fire way to predict weight. The reason I bring up the weight of the baby is...
I have a lot of experience working with people on developing their resumes, as well as, reviewing resumes to fill various positions. If you want to forward a copy of your resume, I will take a look and give you some thoughts for free. Honestly, I think the most helpful thing is to get a good understanding of what impression the resume leaves the reader with.
I think you need to go with your instinct. If you switch, it is unlikely to bother you long-term, but if you don't and things don't go as you would like, you will probably second guess yourself. One thought, from personal experience, whoever you go with, consider the size of the baby in your decision-making. The bigger the baby, the greater the challenge for VBACing successfully. I don't say this to scare you, but to have it be part of the process of planning for how to...
My son is almost 6 months old and is nursing constantly. He seems really interested in the food we are eating, and is getting a lot more fussy. Any thoughts? I have been breastfeeding him on demand, but I am wondering if I am missing something. People here seem to say that they don't "need" food for awhile yet, but it really does seem like he is hungry. I don't want to start anything before the 6 month window. I have thought it might be teething, because he will chew...
Just wondering if anyone's risk analysis was significantly altered by the fact that they had a child already. Let me explain. I can honestly say going into my first birth that I wasn't afraid of dying. Never had been. My biggest concern going into my 2nd birth was if I died I would leave my 5 year old without a mom. It definitely impacted my mindset going into the 2nd birth, and upped my worrying. In hindsight, I wish I could have had less of this fear and more focus...
I just recently attempted a VBAC with my second son at a hospital in London, UK. For me, my DH's feelings and a "worse case scenario" mind set, led me to make this choice. Towards the end I was really lamenting not trying at home, but I just couldn't get over a 6th sense that the hospital was the place to go. (I didn't make this decision lightly. My first son was birthed in NYC through a horrible hospital experience that ended in what I believe to be a medically...