or Connect

Posts by dfoy

Even though my pagan/zen leaning Christianity wouldn't be considered by a lot of Christians on this board to be Christianity, I will answer this question anyway..... This pretty much sums up my reasons why I refuse to see this movie: http://www.workingforchange.com/arti...m?itemid=16526 quote from the article by Robert Scheer: "Ultimately, however, this is just an exploitation flick that serves up the body of Christ as an object of continuous sick torture while...
Benjismom is right about trail shoes! You definitely need to invest in some good trail shoes to run safely on the trails. You do risk knee and ankle injury if you are wearing shoes that are not made specifically for trail running. When I coached cross country I used to purchase my trailrunners from Road Runner Sports. They have knowledgeable people to talk to so that you can asses what shoe is right for you. Return policy is good, too....
About Vinyasa: http://www.shivarea.com/vinyasa.html About Ashtanga: http://www.ashtanga.com/html/background.html http://www.ayri.org/method.html
I love Bikram classes, myself, but totally understand what you are feeling regarding the heat. There are times when I attend class and am a little under the weather (or have had a bit too much wine the night before ) that I've felt a little overwhelmed by the heat. If you love the intensity and quickness of the poses you might try Vinyasa or Ashtanga. The studio I go to has a variety of classes at a variety of times so I'm able to do a Bikram or Hatha class (they...
Dh & I just started watching The L Word last weekend. Watched the "marathon" after seeing one episode on Showtime On Demand. I've never seen Queer as Folk, so I can't comment on any comparison, but I really liked L word. I don't care much for Jenny, either, but the story line is interesting.
We go out about once per month, usually to dinner & a movie or to see some friends play in a band (dh used to be in bands so we have lots of friends still in the biz). 2 1/2 yo dd either stays overnight with MIL - she LOVES gramma & pop pop - or my 19 year old looks after her which makes both dds happy. We are "older" too so that may have something to do with being happy just staying home most of the time. But I do think it is good for us as a couple to have some...
My 2 1/2 year old has never had McDs or any other fast food (unless you consider a pizza from a REAL neighborhood Italian restaurant or carry out chinese "fast food"). We do, however, eat at a place called Fuddruckers, which serves burgers & such because it's family friendly. But my dd & I always share a Garden Burger. What disgusts me most is that even though she has never seen the inside of McD's she knows what it is, and thinks it "be fun". The relentless...
I'm in my early 40s & I've been practicing yoga regularly for the past 5 years. I practiced yoga when I was a teenager with my modern dance teacher who had us do yoga to enhance our flexibility and focus, but got away from it when I went away to college because of the lack of availabiltiy of classes, etc (there weren't too many yoga classes or videos in the early 80s). I, too, love the energy of attending a class. I feel so good afterward- relaxed, focused, centered...
Listen to music and talk Sometimes watch a movie Sometimes watch sports (dh is a football fanatic; I'm a college basketball fanatic- men's & women's) Do household projects that aren't too noisy together Do yoga together Do weight training together Give each other a massage Play mahjongg Read the news on the internet together and discuss it And dh gives me a guitar lesson a couple of times a week
No loss this week but it was so exciting to wear a pair of pants to the Neil Young concert on Sat. that I haven't been able to wear since before my 2 yo was born! Yea! Stats Height:5'9" Start: 150 Last week:141 This week:141 Goal:135 Just got home from an hour walk with dd. Will do a 90 min yoga workout while she naps later. I go back to work (I'm a teacher) on Wed. and not looking forward to getting back to the grind and having to squeeze in the...